Neptune Aquatics

The "Real" price of salt

GBs are not going to lower the price, even if you buy a pallet it's only going to lower the cost $2 a bucket or so. The wholesale cost per bucket is $65, if you are buying it for that price, you are getting the lowest price possible. Just go to AC and buy it, Chris doesn't bite ;)

bookfish said:
I'm happy to bring it in but I'm gonna charge $5 markup per bucket though cause I'm old and don't like heavy objects.
ANd the price is still good to the buyer, plus not needing to balance it is a big plus!

bookfish said:
I'm happy to bring it in but I'm gonna charge $5 markup per bucket though cause I'm old and don't like heavy objects.

Seriously. Those are the heaviest buckets of salt I have ever encountered. I carried 2 and almost gave myself a hernia.

Jim, if I stick with Salinity I'd certainly buy it from you in the future. You're pretty much on my way home from work and right next to Animal Farm where I buy my cat food. I'm more than happy to pay a markup.

I got lucky and won the bucket at the last swap. :bigsmile:
I have used it for 2 water changes thus far.
I take less of this salt to make my usual batch than any other salt that I have used.
It is clean and clear and seems to dissolve quickly.
My params are better.
I like it and in light of the cost analysis I will buy it in the future.
Downside:
It is a freakin heavy bucket. :O

Oh, you're the guy that's charging $5 markup on the salt.

That's half the price of a freaking Setosa frag, in case you didn't know.

Thx for doing the math for me / us. I know I can always count on you when it come to kind of stuff. Much appreciated. I got terrific results with H2Ocean, but for the money your analysis is very revealing. H)

As Tony said Salinity seems to be the best salt for the money right now. I just got my four buckets. They are a little heavier than my normal buckets :( Thanks Robert for the order of Salt.
IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

Back