Reef nutrition

The Ugly Tank

houser said:
and voila, chips everywhere!! Unless you get a small army with shop vacs and some custom cardboard baffles. Been there, done that!!
Grrr... now I can't stop thinking about it.

I'll probably have to lower the water level, float some plastic wrap on the water, and go at it with a laminate trimmer and shop vacs.

Did a little mod to cut down on noise and salt spray from the skimmer outlet. You can see where it had been splashing on the side of the tank.

DSCN2526.jpg

I stuck a 2" coupling and a 1" bushing on the bottom of the outlet, and a drilled cap on the vent. The coupling keeps most of the bubbles from getting loose in the sump.

Cleared out some stuff from the tank to today's frag swap.

Came back from the swap with:

Shu Tin psammacora from Charles
Pastel War & Peace from Ian
Pink Sandollar monti from arod2051
Pink & green cloves from Tamazula
Ponape birdsnest from Charles
Setosa from Ian
Strawberry patch monti from Jeremy

Also a DBTC frag - Treylane's "Capropora"

And a rainbow stylo from Jeremy to regrow a colony that I had lost, because he's cool like that. Turned out his stylo and mine had come from the same parent coral from way back, which totally made my day :D

You must mean this one.

implant.jpg

As you can see, it's just the empty frag mount right now :D

Got a deal from one of our sponsors, haha.

Is that the procedure where they implant a tooth into your jaw? I think my dental plan started carrying that, granted not the full value, but 50% ain't bad.

Mr. Ugly said:
You must mean this one.

implant.jpg

As you can see, it's just the empty frag mount right now :D

Got a deal from one of our sponsors, haha.

You do have something on it though just not a tooth. haha. How is it feeling today?

sfsuphysics said:
Is that the procedure where they implant a tooth into your jaw? I think my dental plan started carrying that, granted not the full value, but 50% ain't bad.
Yes, its basically a titanium screw. Norm is bionic now.

And that screw is reef safe too :D

Feels great today.

Next we get to make a tooth out of AquaMend, and stick it on with IC Gel :D

If I take a lot of Mg supplements, it should turn purple really quickly.

Back