Kessil

Thoughts?

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
So on the new tank -- 72L X 36D X24H -- I'm thinking of having the stand built eight feet long so I can plumb in a 24 X 36 frag tank into it. Has anyone seen someone do a stand like that? Think it would be funky looking or cool?

I think it would look fine but if you wanted to sell the set up later, you would have very specific buyer(s) that would want what you have.

Would there be a gap between the tanks at all? I would think better off with two separate stands next to each other and plumb the tanks together.

I don't like it. The focal point is going to be that big honkin' tank, I think putting a little frag tank next to it would be barely one step up than having a frag rack on the side of the glass. Plus you got 3 feet of width to that guy, that 3 foot side is a viewing pane, you really want to block it? Why bother with starphire then then? Now if one of the sides is going to be "hidden" (in a fishroom or something) then year sure go for it.

If this was me, and I was intent on plumbing together a frag tank, I would either put one under the tank in the stand, or integrate a piece of the sump as a frag tank. Not sure how much space you want to keep free under your tank for equipment, or how big your sump will be.

I don't like it. The focal point is going to be that big honkin' tank, I think putting a little frag tank next to it would be barely one step up than having a frag rack on the side of the glass. Plus you got 3 feet of width to that guy, that 3 foot side is a viewing pane, you really want to block it? Why bother with starphire then then? Now if one of the sides is going to be "hidden" (in a fishroom or something) then year sure go for it.

If this was me, and I was intent on plumbing together a frag tank, I would either put one under the tank in the stand, or integrate a piece of the sump as a frag tank. Not sure how much space you want to keep free under your tank for equipment, or how big your sump will be.

That's a good point.

ehhhhh.... the frag tank would always be in the way when cleaning the glass in the display, or trying to reach things on one side of the tank.

Back