Thread lock also locked the OP?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by iCon, Jan 9, 2013.

1. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Fair enough - Would be great if when a thread is locked, the OP is also locked from editing their initial post.

2. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

There's no need to open up the thread again. I've said what I needed to say and he's getting all his money back. Many of you know me by now over the years as a person and as a long time sponsor and if you think there is truth to what he is saying, then let it be. I have a business to run, a community to serves, so I have no time to waste on this individual.

3. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

That's more of a bug. Hopefully the new forum they implement prevents that from happening. I think that's the first time I've ever seen a thread locked on this forum. :D

4. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

completely agree

5. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Well, that's two threads locked! Has to be a BAR record :D = ? Take it easy there guys...and easy with the privileges young BOD member ;)

6. The intent of locking the other thread was to encourage cooler heads to prevail and prevent escalation, which is counter-productive. Naturally there are ways around locked threads, and in that respect the lock failed to produce the intended result.

Excessive moderation is not the goal here. We support free expression and frankly, none of the BOD have the time to police threads.

7. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Fixed. :p

8. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I don't think any of the BOD is really young! ;)

9. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

LoL, Jim's going to never let you see his frag tank again with those kind of comments ;)

10. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I don't think any of the BOD is really young! ;)[/quote]
    I resent that! :bigsmile:

11. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Does young at heart count ? :p

12. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

:( not like reef crntrsl, why