Kessil

Time to get serious!

So as the new house is getting more livable, I've been gathering the necessary equipment to get off on the right foot.

My latest 2 purchases are an Aqua Medic ATO. It is a new design from them and has a few failsafes that I like.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431146723.111779.jpg

I also bought a whole slew of tests. Hanna Checker Colorimeters for Alkalinity, Calcium and Phosphate. Red Sea Pro Test kits for Magnesium (came with a empty titration fluid container. Seems the lid was not screwed in all the way and leaked out!) and Nitrate.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431146910.475128.jpg

I also ordered a custom light mount from reeflightmounts.com. I was gonna get a Russo mount but I like the rectangular shape more than the round rod. The Hydra 52 is a box unlike the Kessil.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431147125.405324.jpg

I also have a SpectraPure dual DI module on the way to supplement my current 4 stage RO unit.

Next up will be when the tank and stand get moved to it final position. Then I'll be getting rocks and salt!

Very excited!

I definitely suggest adding a second membrane in series on your rodi if you have the pressure, and a booster pump as we'll if you don't!

I definitely suggest adding a second membrane in series on your rodi if you have the pressure, and a booster pump as we'll if you don't!

Yup! That is in the plan. I'll use up this current membrane then order 2 SpectraPure 99% rejection membranes and a booster pump plus the auto flush and float switches to automate the process.

Back