got ethical husbandry?

TimTen's 6th and final tank

Hi Everyone,
So I finally got my new tank, and am starting to put everything together. Here is the equipment list so far.
-Elos 120 (90 gal)
-Elos sump with 2000 skimmer
-Apex Controller
-2 X 40W votech
-Phosban reactor
-Eheim 1260 return pump

I'm not sure yet what I want for lighting, just that I want small hanging pendants. I will be going with the homemade 2 part, I purchased a 3 part dosing pump years ago so I hope I can get it to work. One of the tubes is solid because I fogot to wash it before storing it. I caved in and will be going with sand. I don't think I've had a tank with sand in it for about 3 years so I need help in selecting to right stuff. I just got back from Neptune, I wanted to start fresh and puchased 68 lbs of dry Key largo Macro rock. Here are a few pics of everything starting to come together. Let me know what you think, I'm still not 100% on the aquascape.

P1010010.jpg

P1010013-1.jpg

P1010011.jpg

ooh a 220. Maybe in a year this will become a frag tank. I did a little change in the rockwork, I really wanted it to look open. What do you guys think? I also need help in sand selection, I want to use dry sand but I havent bought any in about 4 years. Thanks

P1010092.jpg

P1010091.jpg

Ok. Tim, I really like the tank size and the minimal rockwork. If you like it, that is the important thing. There are lots of very beautiful tanks with very minimal rockwork like this and yours looks like it is well on its way.

And make sure you have a skimmer that is hooked up.

Glad to see you got the tank you really wanted.

Beware of multiple clams

You should go bare bottom and then add sand and then go back to bare bottom. Make a big archway with lots of cool colorful sticks. I hear Birdnest grows well in this kind of setup. You may want top add a clam or two. If you have room plum it to your basement to add more water volume, sit back and watch it grow! Then when you run out of room plum in a frag tank. You may want a heater too, but I don't have one to recommend to you since I don't have one, a couple of vortces would help. I have 2 on my 120 now, with 2 more in storage for the 220.

Wow, this has been going slower then I thought possible. It's cycled and I will be adding a lion fish tomorrow. Not sure the direction I'll be going, but I think Softy/LPS, with some lion fish. I still need to get a light, top off, and program the contorller. Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

tank2.jpg

tank.jpg

Well the Lion fish is doing great. The only thing missing is a light fixture. What's everyone's thoughts on going with a TEK T5 fixture. Thanks

Back