High Tide Aquatics

TimTen's Tank

Oh sweet, my tank turned 1 today. ;D It hasnt been a smooth ride, but I'm really happy at where its at.

Full tank Shot

P1010014-1.jpg

My first pick at my first swap(alien eye from radiolunic)

P1010015.jpg

Everyone's thats dosn't own a tank love's the green bubble (purchased from NAA)

P1010016.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010022.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic's. I have no idea how to use a camera. Even though I don't dose Vodka, my tank and I are having a celebration shot.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=3242.msg86434#msg86434 date=1236219253]
yeah you need some sand
[/quote]

Its just so easy not having to worry about it and a lot easier to clean. Probably one of these days I'll add some.

P1010043.jpg

I took the tank down this weekend. It was getting to the point where everything was growing into each other. I was faced with the decision, redo the rockwork, or upgrade. I went for the upgrade.

i know what's next =) though this time it's not from me. If you wanted to wait a few months though Tim... i'd have something for ya ;)

I can't wait, going to be getting an Elos 120. I will be doing the next tank a lot different. I will be going with less rocks, less coral, and giving everything room to grow. Most of the SPS in this tank were in there for a little over 1 year. I can only imagine how large they would have gotten if they had space. Towards the end I just couldn't get enough flow/light, to keep everyone happy. I also do not want to go back to sand, everything is so much easier without it. I really missed the look (as people have commented), so I think I'll try different types of starboard, something I've never done much research in. So if anyone has any ideas on what will give a nice white bottom, without sand, please let me know. The last change, I will be going back to 2 lights. The one light in the beginning was great, Less Heat/Less Money, but it caused everyone to fight for it. I'll also be spending more time making the sump area cleaner, more automated, and less exposed wires. I should have a new tank thread in mid Jan, and a lot of stuff up for sale soon.

IMO, I love the look of everything growing into each other. I think it is beautiful until it starts getting where you can't tell one thing from another.

Euphyllia said:
IMO, I love the look of everything growing into each other. I think it is beautiful until it starts getting where you can't tell one thing from another.

Problem with that is they fight for flow and growth stops, it looks good for the six months that they become friends, but eventually one coral wins out IME.

Congrats Tim! I'm sure you're going to have a kick ass new tank and can't wait to see the results :)

Euphyllia said:
Hey, I think your forgot something..... SAND! :eek:

Can you give us an update? :D

BTW go the extra mile and purchase some sand. I'm sure you know that along with sand you will be able to get more types or corals, anemones, and fish. :bigsmile:

no doubt sand looks great! I definitely don't miss needing to be dainty with my pumps though ;) One day I'm going with white pvc on the bottom to hopefully bring the nice look of sand back!

kinetic said:
no doubt sand looks great! I definitely don't miss needing to be dainty with my pumps though ;) One day I'm going with white pvc on the bottom to hopefully bring the nice look of sand back!

What you will likely end up with is a nice sheet of corraline though.

Back