Kessil

Top down pics! (image intensive.. duh)

Ok Eileen convinced me to show off some pictures here... and since it's simply a matter of "copy image location"... no problem!
Took these with my ghettorific top down camera shooter dohickey and well... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves... Ok fine I'll speak for them too, thanks to reefermadness for inspiring me to get creative with descriptions, and thanks to Norman who taught me a good name goes a long way for selling a coral!

Mike's FIRE THE LASER!!! Green Polyped Acro
There is no actinic, not 1000watts of 20000k, nor any other blue bulb over this only a 10000k bulb just look at the way those polyps glow!!!
acro2zv5.jpg

Mike's Quad-Color (atleast) Acro
Tri-color? Pfffbt, try QUAD COLOR! Purplish/blue tips (and I only count that as one color :)), yellow base (and that's yellow not faded brown), green highlights, oh yah the polyps are cream colored. The Bali tricolor (as cool of a coral as it is) counts brown as a color in it.. *snicker*. I'll be waiting for my phone call from Tyree. Currently Norman & Kenzo are the only ones who have pieces of this from me = Ultra Mega Rare! *shaboom*
acrobbc0.jpg

Mike's Blueberry & Cream Millepora
I love this blue millipora, was a maricultured piece that came in, although this is really high in the tank.. and unfortunately got a bit over saturated in the shot. :( I gave out lots of this to people, so rare value is reduced significantly ;) I'll take a picture of the other colony when my batteries charge up, it may not be as saturated.
milli2gy3.jpg

A couple more milliporas, one a teal blue with reddish polyps, the other a very light pink, with green tips
Names not yet given..
millifj8.jpg

Mike's Ultimate Blue Tort!
How's this for a tort! This isn't a piece that recently came in faded, it 's been in here a few months and it's stuck to this color... mmmm tasty! This baby has LE written all over it!!!
tortuu7.jpg

This is what happens when something gets too close to my radioactive green tenius...
Mike's Candlelight Acro! (thanks for the name Karl!)
WAPOW!!!!!
candlelightsy3.jpg

Pinstripes and Purple highlights.. Pimptastic Acro! (ok I'm really reaching now.. )
roabao2.jpg

Ok, and some Pocciliporas so you don't think I'm only about the acros.
poccira4.jpg

BAR exclusive!! (more pics until I post them on other boards :D)
I screwed up my little ghetto shooter when I touched the acrylic with a bit of super glue gel residue on my finger tip.. well needless to say that was not a place where it really should have gone *sigh*... I'll build another one tomorrow :)

Ok here's the other half of the over exposed mille in the other picture, this is a little lower in the tank (a few inches) but was mounted upright, where as the other was mounted horizontal. Less over exposure = nicer picture. This is the one where on the day of the SF Tank tour Eileen said "Mike I want a piece of that" "Mike? Piece of that.." "Piece of that please Mike"... well I gave her a piece of it since she said please.
milli3gx0.jpg

This is Jim's infamous Pocilipora that he found/got/created through his own willpower! some time back, I got this via Roy not Jim, but apparently it's the real deal Jim Limited Edition... that grew to the size of a basketball in Roy's tank :D
pocci2pq0.jpg

Here's a nice little digitata farm here I wanted to crowd together, I have two other color morphs I want to cram in there as well, one a orange base/green polyped one Norm gave me (which doesn't seem to want to stay where I put it!)
digistz3.jpg

The other is this, a light blue polyped digi which did nice to encrust to the rock I put it on, however the rock won't fricking stick to any other rock work I put it on.. something always knocks it over! I've tried gel, I've tried epoxy.. nothing works! So I decided the bottom of the tank works for now until I get enough gumption together to make another attempt to glue it.
digi2gg2.jpg

A nice sized colony of pink birdsnest that came from twigs a couple years back
birdsnestyd4.jpg

A nice little Ponape birdsnest neat color pattern to it.
birdsnest2os0.jpg

This is what happens when you have a coral that is growing nearly perfectly vertically and you take a top down picture... NAME THAT CORAL!
tubbsit4.jpg

The infamous Mike's Underoos Favia! Although I suspect this is identical to the one Tyree (and others) are labeling the "Triple Threat" favia, what's different? Well mine lacks green highlights, however this is because there is hardly any blue light over it (hell hardly any light over it all) you shine it with blue leds or put actinic or 20k bulbs over it and green pops out like a mother. Unsure which colony was first, Atlantis or mine.. I've had mine for close to 3 years.. but eh, no need to be greedy, that's triple threat, this is underoos ... Atlantis of all places shouldn't be upset about people calling things different names :) So $65 a frag... I'll do it for $50!
underoosti8.jpg

Here's some Acan Lords I've had for a while too, gave some to Norman, which I think he called "Gangrenous Green Lords" or something like that... I like that name, props to norman :)
lordsyl7.jpg

Here's my other massive lord colony.. I really wish these things didn't like to be spot fed, imagine spot feeding a polyp and multiply that by about 200! I'd try the ol' 2-liter top cut off and held upside down trick except these rocks are bigger than a 2 liter.. btw Lords will chew up a chalice without any problems.. just a FYI :) It's amazing how nice they look when macroed in tightly.
lords2ec8.jpg

Finally not a top down shot, not the clearest possible shot... but something about this reminds me a little of me.. .btw that red is due to the flash, really should be blue .. not the devil kitty :)
crazyql0.jpg

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2082.msg20557#msg20557 date=1180492185]
BAR exclusive!! (more pics until I post them on other boards :D)
I screwed up my little ghetto shooter when I touched the acrylic with a bit of super glue gel residue on my finger tip.. well needless to say that was not a place where it really should have gone *sigh*... I'll build another one tomorrow :)
[/quote]

Try wiping off the dried superglue with some acetone. Might be able to salvage your camera box.

Ok here's the other half of the over exposed mille in the other picture, this is a little lower in the tank (a few inches) but was mounted upright, where as the other was mounted horizontal. Less over exposure = nicer picture. This is the one where on the day of the SF Tank tour Eileen said "Mike I want a piece of that" "Mike? Piece of that.." "Piece of that please Mike"... well I gave her a piece of it since she said please.

Nice one :D

[quote author=capescuba link=topic=2082.msg20580#msg20580 date=1180537346]
Hey Mike - How long ago was it that you were never going to keep "sticks"? And now you are the stick farmer extrodinaire! ;)
[/quote]

Heh... and brand name rare sticks at that. Mike has gone over to the dark side :D

Ponape birdsnest is the Reeffarmer's name :D

Btw, did you see the ones that John had at the YourReef booth? Very intense green and pink.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2082.msg20605#msg20605 date=1180556113]

Dave: Well errr.. stuff kept falling down and... yeah

[/quote]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :eek:

bah! Ponape is the region the place came from, and Birdsnest is the generic name gvien to Seriatopora hystrix :p
Besides I didn't pay for it, Roy gave me a piece at that R2Y swap thingy. He kept asking anyone if they had a piece, finally came to me I said no, and he went "here" nice guy that Roy is. Anyways out of all those pictured, I paid for .. the FIRE THE LASER! Acro, Quad-Color Acro (although I paid for a very drab colored frag before it became uber badass) the blue millepora came as a really cheap mini-colony ($30 I think it cost), and the LPS, which I paid $20-25 for each colony (Not per polyp).

Sorry Dave: but I do have one in my softie tank if that makes you happy? :)

Hehe... Karl and Rich cracked me up at the BA-CFM RN booth. Topic was cutesie girly girl names for corals.

e.g. a coral cannot be uber badass if it's named Strawberry Shortcake :D

According to Rich, your coral is really named the "My Little Ponape" birdsnest :D :D :D

Back