Tr1ggers 100G Artisan II

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by tr1gger, Feb 13, 2014.

1. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

Be careful what you ask for! :)

Seems like you have lots of rock. It's really hard to get a sense of the space from two dimensional pics but the space looks really full now and there aren't any corals yet. Will you be able to clean the tank sides?

There is a thread on RC about aquascaping. One of the best posts is a series of pics that start with dry tank all the way to 2+ yrs. growth. Once the tank and corals takes off it's almost impossible to see the rock. Make sure you have enough room for growth!

2. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

I wouldn't ask if I wasn't open to all feedback ;)

I agree. It is a lot of rock and it has been slimming down each time I rebuild it. I will be sure to leave plenty of room for placement, growth and cleaning. Thanks!

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

And then you find out 100g isn't that much space and want more :D

4. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Always the issue :D

5. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

So the tank arrived today and we were able to muscle it inside and get unwrapping. Shipping was SUPER poor and they took more care to wrap the stand than the actual tank. Only a cardboard surround on the tank with 1/8" fiberboard and some styrofoam. Not even corner protectors. Very poor but luckily no damage to the tank or glass in general.

The plumbing on the other hand they have included is an absolute train wreck. Everything is basically having to be redone which would not be an issue if everything wasn't in metric! Metric bulkheads and piping will be my demise. Tank wont have water for a bit yet till we get it figured out. Also, they didn't send my return pump in the packaging and one of the shelf pegs was completely broken off and MIA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More later when we get things sorted.

kavcheung and neuro like this.
  6. sfsuphysics

Metric sizes? UGH!!! Hopefully they gave you all the pipe you'll need.

My Bubble Master 250 skimmer uses metric for the pipes and I have half assed imperial sized pipe with rubberbands as washers, etc.

tr1gger likes this.
  7. neuro

neuro Webmaster

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat metric sizes?!

i'm glad the tank was OK even with the crappy packaging. did it come straight from cadlights?

tr1gger likes this.
  8. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

too bad that peg hole is broken, it's as if they had it assembled then it was taken down haphazardly. Why wouldn't someone look in the stand before packing it? sucks to hear...

As to the plumbing, it's correctable but it's also certainly part of the price paid so all in all I hope they offer some sort of resolution.

tr1gger and Kmooresf like this.
  9. Kmooresf

Kmooresf Supporting Member

It looks REALLY nice Dan! Congrats. You'll have it running in no time.

tr1gger likes this.
  10. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Thanks man! They have shipped out a bunch of replacement parts. In a holding pattern right now. I started working inside the stand today caulking and mounting hardware.

Ordered some maxijet 1200s for mixing salt and pumping water in and out of my containers and finally got some float valves for the RO/DI unit. Man that budget goes quick!

I also mounted and hung the radions today! :eek:

[​IMG]

kavcheung, Marc and neuro like this.
  11. sfsuphysics

snazzy!

Now you can do your aquascape in the tank!

tr1gger likes this.
  12. Kmooresf

Radions are SWEET!! Looks awesome already and you have nothing in it. ;)

tr1gger likes this.
  13. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Well we finally got around to breaking some rocks and drilling and emaco'ing! Fun times and quite the mess. Here is what @Kmooresf and I came up with. It went around my original design but of course used much less rock. Here we have it!

Big thanks to Kris for letting me have some emaco, acryl 60 and fiberglass rods. He brought everything over and I supplied the music and "safety glasses". Drinks on me next time eh?

Also, don't mind the crookedness of the radions, the power cables are pulling on them ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spoon and Marc like this.
  14. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Few extras Kris snagged for me. The kind of stuff you cant really get photos of while your working. Thanks again dude!

[​IMG]

denzil and Marc like this.
  15. sfsuphysics

Have to say that last one in the tank (next to last post) looks like some rock monster or something :D

aquatic mouse and tr1gger like this.
  16. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

the way the rocks are arranged now is awesome

tr1gger likes this.
  17. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

New plumbing arrived today! Got everything hooked up and triple checked. Put 80 pound of sand in and my already made 70 gallons of water. The rest of the water has been dripping in throughout the day from my RO/DI unit. Almost done now at 8pm. 78 deg and 1.026 on the dot.

I do have a size issue with my heater at the moment. It is too large for the sump for the time being its in the back corner of the DT. I will get 2 smaller heaters soon along with my ATO.

Don't mind the maxijets in there, not permanent, just moving water around till I got the return pump humming.

Let the cloudiness and cycle begin!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spoon, denzil, Lawrence Yang and 3 others like this.
  18. sfsuphysics

Awesomeballs!

tr1gger likes this.
  19. Apon

Apon Volunteer

looks good

tr1gger likes this.
  20. Kmooresf

Looks awesome!! So glad the plumbing worked out the second time around. Can't wait to see it all cleared up.

tr1gger likes this.