Cali Kid Corals

tr1ggers 5.5 Gallon Pico

Status
Not open for further replies.
tr1gger said:
FeliciaLynn said:
Sometimes I have a polyp or two that takes a bit to open after they sit in containers out of the tank for a while. Hopefully it opens up for you soon! Keep me posted.

Yeah, it was trying hard to open up today, it was peaking its skirt out. I am thinking tomorrow or the next day it will fully open
That's a good sign. Means it probably should open in the next couple of days.

A top down photo of my Monti's from Kmooresf. Don't mind the algae on the sides. I need to get a very thin scrubber for my glass on the sides :p

bOROamI.png

Also a side shot, I turned the pumps off so my torch really filled out. Its not THAT full

KmAuEhv.png

Yes I did leave the optics out. I made a small hood type "thing" as I call it out of DVD cases. It keeps the light spill to zero and works really well. I would post pics butttttt it pretty ghetto LOL.

Don't put them on your main rock work unless you plan to have them over take the whole rock with growth. When I used to have them I put them on the sand bed.

Kmooresf said:
650-IS350 said:
Don't put them on your main rock work unless you plan to have them over take the whole rock with growth. When I used to have them I put them on the sand bed.

Agreed.

I agree and sand real estate is limited :( I may have to frag this off to fit it in a spot. Hopefully they will open up later today.

Here is my GSP clump. Took a full 24 hours for it to be open and happy. It was under some bad lighting when I got it. Hope it gets more green as time goes on.

NoVBRgl.png

Here is a shot of some of the new stuff. Still trying to ID some of them. Picked up 1, 2 and 3 from Aqua Exotic along with a new Ricordea

XyasyMEl.jpg
1 - Eye of Rah
2 - Fruit Loops*
3 - ?
4 - ?

The piece of the Bali Green Slimer I obtained that was in bad shape from the start did not make it. Thanks to Kris for attempting to rehab it for me in his system.

Just a few photos I took today for reference for growth later on. Somehow I seem to have lost a polyp of Red Hornets. Not sure if it was picked off or fell off the plug :/

bK9mFZw.png

kvcJRCC.png

MAHLMzZ.png

Looking good! $5 for the nice little Yuma is a great price.

Oh man I wish that one was the $5 one. That one actually ended up melting away after about 10 days :confused:

The one in the pic above is from Aqua Exotic, about $25 and its doing great. I think the first one was just in a bad system and not a good candidate to start with :oops:

Zoas look great! Looks like the ones you got from me are doing well except the one red hornet polyp that vanished. Do you have hermits? I've had my hermits knock a polyps off of zoa plugs on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back