Reef nutrition

tr1ggers 5.5 Gallon Pico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated the journal with new side and front shots..

p3AckQF.png

V0ADZuk.png

Loving your tank. And that pic of it on your work desk really puts it size in perspective.

Thank you! It really does huh? :)

nice and clean. i've never had great success in keeping parameters in less than 10 gallons stable enough for acros

Thanks! My parameters are actually REALLY stable. Calcium and Alkalinity are doing really well with just religious water changes. Only real challenges are the temp and top off at this point. Investing in a reefkeeper lite really soon. Then it will be off to the 40 Gallon upgrade!

Traded off some red hornets today for some red people eaters and also a nice colony of unnamed purple and green palys from a friend in the city. Also picked up a super nice 2" frag of Bali green slimer while at aqua exotic. Will maybe get some pics up tomorrow.

So lately I have been having some nitrate issues due to over feeding the sun coral a few nights in tank. I have been feeding it out of tank normally but got lazy. So, now my Nitrates are back under control my phosphates are pretty high. I also believe a few pieces are placed rather close and there is some chemical warfare happening. I am in the process of moving some corals around.

Thanks to Kris for helping me test my water today. Gave me a lot of great insight into some chemistry and some options. Kris, Thanks again!

I will be attempting to battle it with water changes and if that doesn't work, I will have to run some phosgaurd for a bit. The 40g breeder cant be started soon enough!

Strange that my SPS is flourishing while my softies and monti's are taking the biggest hit right now.

Today I upgraded my lighting to the Kessil A150W Ocean Blue and also added in a Reefkeeper Lite.

Next up, ATO. I also had some Z melt off from what I am assuming was high Phosphates. Seems to be under control but the damage has been done.

sorry to hear about the zoa loss.

how often are your water changes and what % of volume are you changing?

I want to add some monti caps to my 20 gallon but I change only 20% every 10 days or so.

Yeah the Zoa loss sucks. Water changes are 1-2 times a week. 2-3 gallons depending on trace element levels.

I did manage to lower my phosphates to 0.08 so that was a good piece of news.

I have not been able to get a good photo lately with my camera with the new light. I just cant do the tank any justice. So, here is a cell phone picture!

frmSW7c.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back