Jestersix

Trick to keeping Aussie gold torch?

Aloha

hi everyone I wanted to know what’s the key to keeping an Australian gold torch alive I have lost two of them in the past and it’s been an expensive loss for me I’m interested in doing it again as that is my favorite torch can somebody shed light on what’s needed to keep them alive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think they are very different than any other torch. I did mention that I lost one last week, but it was alongside two others that are growing and doing just fine (and have been in there for almost 2 years.) If you're keeping other torches, and they are doing well, just keep doing what you're doing. Sometimes you just lose a coral for no apparent reason.

I recently lost mine too. Didn’t look great in the store but I took a chance on it. Never really looked any better in my tank and then melted away a couple months later. No idea why. Other related corals are doing fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Did you guys dip them before adding them into the tank?

Always. And I'm not sure about high flow or low flow -- everyone is a litle different and sometimes you have to move them a bit to find their sweet spot, however, what they do not like is to be irritated by sand in my experience. So if the flow is higher then move them higher and away from the sand bed. I have torches between the sand bed and close to the top.

I did the sequential Coral Rx and Bayer dips that I do on all corals.

I had it in a couple different spots low to mid depth in the tank but still probably medium flow. I don’t have any stagnant areas for really low flow. It just never looked happy from day 0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the stability is the key my flow was high- mid but the torch is in the sands. Also no strong lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Neptune just got some in and I was eyeing them yesterday just no luck but then again it was in my bio cube 14 and I had no idea what I was doing in those early days most likely a toxic pit at times

5c813e980d1ffea805e7398db1d040dd.jpg
d540d192b9b09887498c03ec8062ff8a.jpg
d849738f74d637c45c162edba808c25f.jpg
1d54aefd80f515ba9e642f22107bd346.jpg
Here are some pics of my 50 gallon lots of stuff and they’re mostly LPS got some torches hammers that are doing fine anemones are doing fine so I’m thinking about trying it again this tank seems to be doing pretty well

5c813e980d1ffea805e7398db1d040dd.jpg
d540d192b9b09887498c03ec8062ff8a.jpg
d849738f74d637c45c162edba808c25f.jpg
1d54aefd80f515ba9e642f22107bd346.jpg
Here are some pics of my 50 gallon lots of stuff and they’re mostly LPS got some torches hammers that are doing fine anemones are doing fine so I’m thinking about trying it again this tank seems to be doing pretty well

I have a 12 header in there of some sort -torch on the bottom right of the tank you could see it in a big bunch -no worries with that one or the other torches

Back