Tsunami AT1 Auto Top-Off (North San Jose)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by OnTheReef, Mar 18, 2016.

1. OnTheReef

OnTheReef OnTheReef (Eric)

For sale is a brand new, still in the package Tsunami AT1 Auto top-off controller.
    $45 obo

Attached Files:

2. travis furia

travis furia Guest

Is that everything I need for an auto top off or would I need to buy extra stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. OnTheReef

OnTheReef OnTheReef (Eric)

In addition to this unit, you need a container for fresh top-off water and a pump to deliver the water into your sump. I use an air pump and a 2 liter soda bottle. You will need a couple lengths of plastic tubing. Drill two holes in the soda bottle cap about 1/16" smaller than the outside diameter of the plastic tubing (this will ensure a tight enough fit that you should not need to glue the tubing in the bottle cap). Cut two pieces of plastic tubing: one about 2" long and the other long enough to reach nearly to the bottom of the soda bottle when the cap is screwed on tight. The air pump goes on the short piece of tubing and the long tube is plumbed to your sump. It is important that the tubing leading to your sump not become submerged, otherwise the potential for back-siphoning into your top-off water will exist. It is also important that the air tube not be submerged in the top-off water for the same reason, only the siphoned water will end up on whatever surface your air pump is sitting on.

Be sure to test the failure modes of your top-off setup. I start with make-up saltwater from my saltwater barrel. I then allow the system to pump the entire top-off container into my sump. Watch for any flooding in your skimmer, tank, overflows, etc. Then cut the power to the system and make sure that nothing floods as everything drains to equillibrium.