Tube Anemone care and compatiblilty with CBB ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by ryanjiang, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ryanjiang

ryanjiang Guest

I saw some pictures of tube anemone and love it, could someone tell me:
    1) I have a pretty active CBB in tank, will it nip or eat or bother the TA?
    2) Is it required to be buried in sand? I have sallow sand bed mostly 1", or do I need a piece PVC pipe for that purpose?
    3) Anything special about care of this animal?

2. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

I've kept several and they have always been hardy in my experience. I have always direct fed them occasionally though. They do need some sand but are pretty adaptable. I saw them in rock tidepools in the sea of Cortez where they only had a bit of sand and they seemed ok. That's not a long term observation though.

They do tend to spread out fairly large, so plan some room for them, they can sting stuff.

3. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

Oh and no idea onthe CBB.

4. ryanjiang

ryanjiang Guest

Thanks!

Does anyone know the tube anemone compatibility with CBB?

5. melly mel

melly mel Guest

I've heard CBB will nip at them. When I had a CBB it would nip all the little tube worms i had on the rocks.

6. ryanjiang

ryanjiang Guest

Should I resist this? Due to my CBB. I thought it is pretty.

[​IMG]

7. melly mel

melly mel Guest

Resist...and tell me where you saw this! >) lol Do you have little tube worms on your rocks already? if you do and dont notice your CBB touching them you may be ok. Beautiful.

8. ryanjiang

ryanjiang Guest

I am thinking to get it, if my CBB cause trouble I will sell to another member. This one is not very cheap so it won't be free transfer but I will take some loss myself in that case.