Reef nutrition

tuberider's 150g small apartment diplacement tank (super long)

tuberider said:
I'll have a FTS soon along with more macros, at this point I'm not done relocating a colony or two and dialing things in, I may be slow, but at least I have a tank thread unlike Charles :D .

Sounds like a WIBGI

I'm super stoked right now, the canopy is up sans removable panels (waiting on some gear to hang them), rockwork is pretty much dialed in and my larger colonies are, well, larger, by larger I mean huge. I snailed the whole process and am pleased that I did, LED technology has come so far in the last year I'm ditching the T5 supplementation in lieu of LEDs and it's given me time to deal with issues, flow and AEFW being primary.

My camera battery will not hold a charge anymore (POS), I'll pick one up tomorrow and post a few pics in the evening if I can. The tank gets so much sunlight that it is pretty late (I get up early to check the surf) by the time the tank is lit by artificial lighting only.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all of your help and your help in the future!! Pics to come now that I'm finally proud of my tank :D

Special thanks to the OGs (you know who you are) :)

Jeremy, since you are going the LED route, I would recommend starting with way lower light then you think you need, and over time, raise the light intensity rather than the other way around. (Although I think the SPS brownout is a spectrum issue, there is a possibility that it is an adaptation issue and if so, you'd rather go low then bleach. Just my 2 centavos.)

OK here's a crappy FTS, I'm aware that there are tons of corals randomly strewn about on the bottom of the tank, hopefully I can mitigate that with a trip up to Steinhart and unload a few of the colonies..

FTS07.jpg

tuberider said:
OK here's a crappy FTS, I'm aware that there are tons of corals randomly strewn about on the bottom of the tank, hopefully I can mitigate that with a trip up to Steinhart and unload a few of the colonies..

FTS07.jpg

Wow, my next tank is gonna be a bit bigger than I was planning.

Back