Jestersix

tuberider's 150g small apartment diplacement tank (super long)

Gomer said:
booo! Any idea what triggered this problems?

Your guess is as good as mine, I'm normally a very erratic unpredictable person, but as of late I'm so consistent it's sickening, long story short, absolutely nothing has changed and up until yesterday my tank was doing incredibly well.

Gresh, thanks for the offer, if the 60g doesn't change things I may take you up on your offer and make a trip down your way.

Imus, I hope that's the case, the solutions to the most complicated problems are often times the easiest :)

Anyway, I'm off to the LFS and the water store...

Oh I'd drive it up, no worries there :) Just let me know, Sunday is a company picnic.

tuberider said:
Pressing the reset button today guys, cross your fingers for me...

I awoke to hazy water and Acros spewing mesenterial filaments, just as my battle with AEFW is winding down, this sucks :|

I can relate. Bummer. A couple of days ago. I watched my Hydno spew onto a neighboring Orange Cap with deadly results. "...When life seems like you're on Easy Street there is danger at your door (Grateful Dead)." Things were just starting to get into kick back and enjoy the show mode too.

Good luck.

R.K.

good to hear. A little RTN and some browning out is way better news then losing colonies and crashing. I'm sure you'll grow them all out and color them back up like the usual SPS mad man you are :p

How about a little good news in an otherwise depressing tank thread :D

Today it is officially one week since I've seen any signs of AEFW, I just bastered the hell out of my tank and saw nothing like yesterday and the day before and before that, and before that, you get the picture.

The battle is far from over, since I'm a huge fan of GWB, I think I'll take a page out of his book!

George-Bush-Mission-accomplished.jpg

Congrats. Did the waterboarding techniques employed by your idol at all speed up the process? I am up to 2 weeks now. At this pace it looks like DBTC may be getting some new life very very soon.

A little update via crappy iPod, it's been a while since I had my last hiccup and corals are really getting back to being in full color and growing rapidly again, I'm feeling good that in a year or so the tank will be mature (if I don't crash it of course :D).

1212-1.jpg

AEFW are still hanging in there, albeit in very limited numbers, I can maybe get 3-5 to fly off during bastering.

Supplementation now comes vis CaRx and kalk top off, it's just easier for me when I travel or get busy with work/play. I now run two Vortechs instead of Tunzes, they cost a lot more to operate (stupid wet sides), and are a lot louder, but they make up for it in the ability to move water in close proximity to coral without tearing the flesh off.

Back