Jestersix

Tumbleweed's 100gal

Starting the thread on my tank. It is still very new and a work in progress. So firts a few specs on the tank.
100gal 48"W X 24"TX 19"D
25gal Rubber made Sump with Magdrive 9.4 return pump
15gal Rubber made Refugium with 4" Deep Sand Bed and Chaeto
2 Koralia #3 pumps
Euro Reef RS-135 Skimmer
4 65W PC Lights
250w ViaAqua Stainless Steel Heater
4"Deep Sand Bed
Currently 70-75lbs. of Live Rock
1 Imperator Angel
1 Percula Clown
4 Green Chromis
2 Cleaner Shrimp
6 Red Leg Hermit Crabs
Multiple Turbo Snails

The next step is figuring out the next lighting system for the tank. (Thanks Tony) ;D
And doubling the amount of Live Rock in the tank.
For now just need to take my time and let things unfold and age.

Looking good.

Just a thought take it for what it is worth as I like the look of a sand bed.

Why run both a DSB and a remote sand bed. You could probably get away with a SSB or even a BB take with the remote sand bed running.

Definately a good idea to up your lighting if you are going to go with most types of corals. Keep in mind that with heavier lighting you will likely need to add a chiller (for weeks like this one). Halides clearly will run much hotter then t-5's.

Also if you are going to keep corals keep a close eye on you angel as they tend to be pickers.

Assuming you already have a heater for the tank just not listed.

I wouldn't worry about more or at least too much more live rock unless you want it for some other reason (aquascaping). You could probably also hit some people up for some free chaeto for your refugium. I likely have some but am probably too far to make it worth it.

opps forgot to mention. I have Chaeto in the refugium given to me by anthor member, and a heater that is in the sumb. I update the firt post to show it. Yeah I will defently heed a chiller once I upgrade the lights.
I like the look of a DSB in the tank so that is why it is there. As for the sand bed in the refugium it was more of because I had 2 extra bags of Live Sand so i figured why not.

Agree with Bryan on the angel, don't expect to be able to keep zoas and palys, angels eat them like hot spagetti.

Other than that it looks like a good start!

Really? man maybe I should get one for my stony tank then, I have some of those ugly brown palys that were on a rock, I one time chiselled them off and thought they got them all, now they're back *grumble*

I'm guessing the angel most likely will nip at lps too though.

I had an Imperator Angel before and it picked on brain coral only. It never touch zoa or softy. There is always a risk when you keep angelfish.

Great setup. Just adjust lighting and live rocks as you mention. I always get weary with DSB in the display as the detritus get caught in the back of the tank and the bacteria can't break it down quickly enough.

Also, most Angelfish aren't reef safe.

One of my koralia's is aimed right behind the rocks to help with detritus. And unfortunelty my angel was battling Ich and unfortunelty lost the battle this morning.

That's suck.. sorry to hear that man..
This is my old fish. I gave it away when I shutdown the tank. I like it so much. I sold all my nice brain corals so I could keep it.
33_08_12_06_2_08_47.JPG

Back