Tumbleweed's 120 Rebuild

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Tumbleweed, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

As some of you may or may not know I recently had a tank failure. In November the family and I decided to move into a bigger house with a little more space. The move itself went smoothly enough however shortly after the tank was moved and reset up I was cleaning up when I heard a loud pop and saw my tank crack and water start shooting out of it. I quickly started pumping the water out of the tank into some 55gal brute trash cans, I moved all of the live rock into one can and the fish an corals into another. This was the 2nd time in 2 years that I had a tank break on me, after this I was ready to give up. Luckily my family wouldn't let me quit. The next day I was in my LFS buying a new 120gal AGA tank. Over the next 3 days I made new water, cleaned out the old sand, and re-did all of the plumbing for my system. Once the new tank was set up, I moved the rock, fish and corals into their new home. Unfortunately the corals did not take well to this situation and I lost all of my SPS and most of the LPS. Fast forward 4 months and the tank has stabilized and the initial despair of loosing all my livestock has subsided, and it is now time to rebuild. And thanks to a few BAR members "Charles, Bryan, Sergio" and couple of new selections from Karson my tank is on its way. Here are a few "not very good" pictures of my new inhabitants of my tank.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0017 (15) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0018 (16) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0019 (16) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0020 (17) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0021 (16) - Version 2.jpg Version 2.jpg">/attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0026 (18) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0028 (16) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0030 (18) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0032 (17) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0040 (14) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0056 (13) - Version 2.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/DSC_0058 (12) - Version 2.jpg

2. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

So thanks to John and his guilting the rest of us into updating our tank threads I figured since I haven't done anything in here for the last 8 months the least I could do is show some really bad pictures of my tank and a few of the corals that are in it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. yardartist

yardartist Guest

What is there a Brian/Bryan competition on for bragging rights and photos to prove it?

Glad you posted update. The islands look great. I just picked up most of the coral on the tank floor and there seems to be so much more space. Like the open sand.

4. houser

houser Past President

The pictures don't do it justice at all Brian.

This man knows what he's doing and the tank is going to be a stunner when those corals grow up.

5. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Thanks Richard. Bryan has me by quite a bit but I will try my best. Like the old saying goes "Keeping up with the Joneses."

Thanks Dave. Come by any time.

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Looks nice, got something to be proud of there.

7. screebo

screebo Supporting Member

It's truly a flower beginning to bloom! Nice work, Brian. It's hard to keep the faith when we are "being tested". I recognize some of that coral. The first chalice looks like "Frog in the blender" and is that a GARF Bonsai I see or a Tri-color? Can't wait to see it in person. Oh yeah, sorry about resorting to tank thread photo Guilt Trip tactics but I SO enjoy seeing updates. 0:)

8. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Thanks John yeah that one is a Tri-color.