Kessil

TV Providers

patchin

Supporting Member
Well, it's decision time. We've been with Directv for 14 years and it's been pretty good. But it's more than I want to pay for tv and our dvr needs replacing. It's logical to upgrade to their Genie system, but that means another 2 years with them. The bill seems to be steadily rising.
So the question is, what company do you use and how happy are you? Are you saving money with bundled services? We now have ATT internet.
(I just tried to call ATT to see about bundling services. After 5 minutes going through their menu, they said they were closed. Now I remember why I don't like ATT).
Comcast???
Let me have your opinions!

Comcast is ok. I haven't had any serious issues with them. I have only a very limited cable package with them, and really went with them for their internet speed.

I just switch mine from diretv to dishnetwork last week.I'm like you the DTV bill keep creeping up ,i had enough i decided to switch.I love it so far,the only drawback is i have to learn that damn REmote all over again.

Comcast is the fastest internet provider out there, other than that they SUCK on everything else. From customer service, support, installation.... all sucks, their price is ridiculously high. I agree with Denzil about all cable and satellite companies suck. That why cable companies hate their competitor and that why they pay big buck for lobby and regulation.

Two words... Google Fiber.

Looks nice but not all of us live in San Jose! My connection was little better than two cans and a tight string till I got Comcast. Getting their products to work, especially if you need support, is tough. Once it works it is fast. It ain't cheap. It isn't even reasonable. It is fast.

I've had the rare good experience with Comcast internet + TV. Sort of stuck with them since they're the only high speed isp in the area. IN SF...WTH right?

That said, the previous home owners had Comcast so they probably had to go through hell when setting it up.

Back