Our mission

Two fish looking for a slumber party

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
I have two fish that I need to see if I can place with someone for about tow months. The problem is they are both special needs fish.

The first is a 7" Marine Betta (Tank size 55 gallon or more.) He's shy and slow moving, but my favorite fish. Hangs out in caves or overhangs most of the time. He doesn't bother anyone and even is fine with med-large shrimp. His issue is because he's a slow and methodical eater he needs to be fed with the pumps off. He'll eat large pellets from the top of the tank or the bottom, but can't compete with faster moving fish. I usually turn all pumps off, then feed my other fish at one end of the aquarium, and then drop his pellets at the other end.

The second is a pygmy angler. Tank size 5 gallon or larger. Two issues make feeding him cumbersome. He only eats Ghost shrimp (available at all Petco's. etc) off of tongs. Only has to eat once or twice a week though. The other problem is he works best in a frag tank or similar. If the tank has rocks you will never, ever find him to feed.

Thanks!

Back