Jestersix

Tyree blood red eyes cyphastrea

Hey Ian, what would you recomend for light and flo for this guy. From what I could find it does well in higher flow and medium light but want to see how you were keeping it. Are you doing anything special for feeding?

Thanks again Ian! My frag is looking good so far. I'm thinking about thining the piece down to make it easier to spread out but I'll give it some more time to settle in first. Here is a pic of it behind the chalice
chalicebrickred2.jpg

Levi instead of thining it, you could build an epoxy ramp. That would work as well to get it to spread well.

Good idea and that way I won't risk breaking it into 100 pieces like I did to my other cyphastrea. It's still trying to bounce back :)

The ramp method definately is the way to go.

Watch out for that orange acan echinata. Don't let it sit too close to your other stuff. Those guys are mean.

So far so good Norm. I keep that guy well fed and his diameter has close to doubled already. So far even when I don't feed it it has been really docile. Mikey and Gomer have seem the same on theirs so far. BUT (that's a big but :) ) I trust you Norm so I'll give it some space just to be safe :D

Yep. They can be ok for a long time. Then one day they send out a bunch of mesenterial filaments and start digesting nearby stuff. Not pretty!

http://webfiles.uci.edu/algomez/photos/bc14/031407/IMG_1689.jpg

The echinata ate everythign around it. Zoa's, and candycane. Luckily it left the plate alone. I later moved it to the right side about 4" away from the torch and hammer. More echinata food.

They are nasy loaded guns waiting to go off. I still really like them and have two in my tank, but I give them lots of space.

(btw phong/Roc, you can see the little neon in the top of the tank to the right of the big leather..that is the parent to your frags lol)

torch didn't stand a chance. The only thing that has "survived" an echinata attack were some zoas. Everything else turned to goo.

Back