Cali Kid Corals

Tyree LE Favia matthai - pink and violet

Mr. Ugly

Past President
A couple pico frags went out yesterday to Bryan/Seminolecpa and Tim/timten. A few people were over for a mini fragapalooza of sorts, and I figured I should take advantage of that to start another DBTC :D

This favia originally came from Roy/Radiolunatic. It's been easy to grow, and likes to put out sweepers at any hint of food.

Keep your eyes open for 2nd generation frags to come back to this thread.

* * * * * * *​
Who do I want to get this frag?

- you are a BAR, MARS, SEABay, CVR, NCR, etc member.
- you will post frags of your own cool(whatever that mean to you) coral on this forum for propping.
- you agree to frag to at least 2 others for free before trading etc.
- you can pick it up from me at a BAR meeting or in Alameda.
- and preferably can post growth pics to this thread periodically.

I'll figure some way to pick a name. If your name doesn't get picked, maybe you can get one of the next batch/generation of frags? :)

This frag has been under 20k 250w Radium and XM, but off to the side rather than directly under. Tyree says low light for this one.

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.6 meq/l
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.5
s.g. 1.026
temp 78

:D

Here is a pic I snagged from ReefFarmers. Quite a nice coral!
limited_faviamatthai_colony.jpg

Yup!

They were over for fragging this weekend. So with me being the lazy guy that I am, I drafted them on the spot to grow out the first frags :D

Eric's sump was too full, and everybody else was going, "No, after you!"

I had to twist some arms even :D

And his arm twisting is very persuasive.

Just added to the frag rack in the tank this morning. Will probably give it a couple of days before I start moving it up and I will post up some pics.

Sweet ... there is nothing that can make me happier as a reefer/farmer seeing generation of your frags in many other tanks. To add to the lineage, I got this one directly from Steve Tyree. You can go to his web and my name is in the list that was deld Jan 2005.
This coral is low light coral to develop the purple. So just put it in the bottom of the tank.

Below is a pic from Tyrees website. Technically this is a 2nd gen coral but no thread was posted. I got this one from Mr. Ugly a while back and just made up 2 frags. Barring any issues with them I will make them available. I was never able to get the color patter shown in Tyree's picture and wasn't able to get a great pic before I fragged it.

Priority will be given to those who have returned 2 or more DBTC's
I will pick the winners on week from today and frags should be ready by the Dec meeting for delivery.

http://www.reeffarmers.com/limitedfaviamatthai.htm

I had it fairly shaded. It was definately growing well had one eye when I got it and had about 8 when I fragged it but again the color never has really looked like the pic.

Here is a piss poor picture of one after I fragged it. It is to the left of the efflo and the right of the milli. Ignore the rest of the frags..move along nothing to see here.

Frags27.jpg

Tony and Sergio. I have a frag with your name on it at the Dec meeting. Let me know if you won't be there to arrage something else if necesary.

Back