Jestersix

Ugly Red Prostrata :)

Mr. Ugly

Past President
I can make 2 frags of Ugly Red Prostrata. The colony was grown from a frag from the June 2005 BAR swap. I think this was my first acro. I've liked passing this one on to SPS newbies in the past.

DSCN1590.jpg

Who do I want to get this frag?

- you are a BAR, MARS, SEABay, CVR, NCR, etc member.
- you will post frags of your own cool(whatever that mean to you) coral on this forum for propping.
- you agree to frag to at least 2 others for free before trading etc.
- you can pick it up from me at a BAR meeting or in Alameda.
- and preferably can post growth pics of the cap to this thread periodically.

I'll figure some way to pick a name. If your name doesn't get picked, maybe you can get one of the next batch/generation of frags? :)

This frag started out under 2x250 14k Hamilton. It's at the top of the tank right now. The next bulb change was to 20k XM, and most recently the lighting has been 20k Radium.

Targeted tank parameters:

Alk 3.6 meq/l
Ca 430 ppm
Mg 1350 ppm
pH 8.5
s.g. 1.025
temp 78

:D

Thanks MRugly for setting me up with this coral several months ago, it is a gorgeous coral, like lots of lights and flow and fst growing so give plenty of room. I call it "rasberry flame" :D :D cuz it looks like its buring and the fire is spreading fast :D

OK Norm,

I'll get in line for a piece of this. Fast growing, red, good for newbies? Sounds like a winner all around.

Hmmm....

Ok, let's put the pressure on the new(er) folks :D

It's on Stubbsz and Gomer to kick some coral growing butt :D

Pick up at the March or April meeting.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=3101.msg33895#msg33895 date=1203106602]
Hmmm....

Ok, let's put the pressure on the new(er) folks :D

It's on Stubbsz and Gomer to kick some coral growing butt :D

Pick up at the March or April meeting.
[/quote]
Oh flip. More pressure. I've got a tank leak to worry about and now you want me to get coral to grow. My challenge really is to solve that problem before the next meeting.

Mine lost a bit of the deep red coloring, but it is starting to encrust the frag plug now. Was the bit of color loss likely from tank shock or lower light then Norm's tank?

..I so need to find a good deal on a 16" sunpod :p

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3101.msg39459#msg39459 date=1207108845]
Mine lost a bit of the deep red coloring, but it is starting to encrust the frag plug now. Was the bit of color loss likely from tank shock or lower light then Norm's tank?

..I so need to find a good deal on a 16" sunpod :p
[/quote]
YGPM

Back