Ugly Red Prostrata :)

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by Mr. Ugly, Feb 14, 2008.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Any number? I continue to bet on 16.

2. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I don't want one but I was always partial to 8675309

3. TimTen

TimTen Guest

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3101.msg67551#msg67551 date=1228632800]
    I don't want one but I was always partial to 8675309
    [/quote]
    Jenny, I got your number

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Sergio and Erin, see you in Dec! (I forgot that I had a second smaller frag that I can give out. Both spreading on the frag plug so lucky you!)

5. saltwatersig

saltwatersig Volunteer

yeah! thank you

6. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Yes, thanks! I'm particularly excited about this one. :-D

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I never got it to grow as intense as Norm, but I know you guys will make it grow like a beast!

8. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Keep it high in the tank. Blast it with a ton of flow. Enough that the polyps are really extended and whipping around. Keep your alk up.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I keep it about 3" from the water surface below a radium/lumenmax which is about 10" from the water. A Vortech is pointing at it from ~15" away.

10. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

There's a picture in my coral battle thread, and yeah it's high in the tank, and polyps are getting whipped around happily(??)

11. alve

alve Guest

I have it high up, in direct light with a lot of flow and it grows like crazy. Here's a picture of my Ugly Red Prostrata:

[​IMG]

12. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I'm going to have some fun with flow and light soon. SPS stress test!

13. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

This one very nearly died for me, but now it's come back and is growing well! I should have frags available before long.