got ethical husbandry?

Uh oh what parasite is this? Pls help!

Awhile back I picked up a rhodactis mushroom and over time I’ve noticed that it slowly morphed into an odd shape (sort of heart-shaped). Upon closer inspection it looks like part of the mushroom had deteriorated and I couldn’t figure out why. As far as I can tell, nothing is eating it. But today I noticed something alarming. Something translucent is growing in the area where the shroom has receded. Is it aiptasia? Or something else? I’ve included a pic. Hopefully someone can ID. Suggestions on follow up action would also be appreciated. Thanks!
44d3f79d91d11ad2b827ffa347b893d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a feather duster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s 2 votes for feather duster. It’s technically not harmful to the tank right? But clearly a part of the shroom is receding because of it. Any recommendations?

You can tell if it’s a feather duster because the radiole you see will retract in forcefully into it’s tube in a split second if you brush it slightly.

I don’t think a duster would irritate a mushroom at all, so I think either it likely isn’t a duster or if it is it likely isn’t what is irritating your shroom.

You can kill the duster with shot of a kalk paste but that would harm your mushroom too... but if you are careful enough, you might get away with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is the part you see squishy looking like an anemone or firm like a duster?
Not sure but it’s swaying a little and I think I’ve seen it retract somewhat when I shined a bright light on it once.

Since everyone is saying feather duster, I can safely rule out other possibilities right? Does anyone else have them in the tank and would you remove them?

Since everyone is saying feather duster, I can safely rule out other possibilities right? Does anyone else have them in the tank and would you remove them?
I’m not sure it’s a duster, but if it is, it would be fine in my opinion. If it’s a majano anemone, not so much. I don’t know how to tell you for sure with a pic, but in real life they are generally easy to tell apart for folks who have seen both.

Another pic if diff lighting and a short video. Hopefully it’ll help confirm if it is indeed a duster.
Edit: how do I upload videos on Tapatalk? Doesn’t seem to let me.

7abcb8e9662f4a19d9f0ba85dcfdb7e6.jpg

Back