Neptune Aquatics

Underrated corals

Euphyllia said:
And these that I got from Aquatic Collection...

xnuw4z.jpg

Matt test with a DTBC frag and see if people underrate it or not, I will jump in with both hands.

tuberider said:
What are five corals that you feel are underrated?

By underrated I mean corals that for the most part are not viewed as have to have pieces by so called "coral snobs", yet are attractive extremely common and overall nice coral.

I'll start :)

Orange digi
Green slimer
Pink Stylo
Orange cap
Green Nephthea

Is pink stylo so common it never made it to DBTC, or did I miss it? I looked through all the pages recently to try to find folks who might have this coral. I did not see a chain.

pom Pom xenia (need to get me some)
GSP
Frogspawn/ Hammer
Hydnopara
Galaxia

these are often the ones that non-reefers would pick out in my tank as the prettiest or coolest

yardartist said:
Is pink stylo so common it never made it to DBTC, or did I miss it? I looked through all the pages recently to try to find folks who might have this coral. I did not see a chain.

I have hacked up mine for last two swaps and several other pieces made it around in the meantime. So there will be pink stylo at this swap too!

Frogspawn (green/purple)
Psammocora
Neon Toadstool (seems to have lost it's flare, but I still love it)
Leptastrea
Duncans (another that lost their flare but still rock)

Underrated:
Seriatopora
Bubble corals
Cerianthids
Maze brains of all types
Tongue corals(polyphyllia, herpolitha, ctenactis)

Overrated & overpriced:
Chalices
Acans
Zoas
Acropora
Scolymia including australiomussa.

Not to say these corals listed as overrated are not enjoyable to keep, but it sure seems like some people think they are made out of gold.

Back