Updated Club Policy - Please Read!

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Mr. Ugly, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

To all BAR,

As part of the responsibilities of maintaining an organization, we have had to provide a written policy of Anti Harassment and Anti Discrimination.

Please take a few moments to visit the url below, and become familiar with the information.

http://www.bareefers.org/public/privacy.aspx [edited to update url - Norman]

thanks!

2. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Well, it's been over a year since we posted the Anti-Harassment/Anti-Discrimination policy to our website.

Since then we've had many new and returning members who may not have had a chance to become familiar with the policy.

I'd like to take this as an opportunity to ask all of our members to read/reread the important information at the above url.

If you have questions regarding the policy, please feel free to post to this thread, or PM to a BOD member.

I'm really happy to be a part of the positive and supportive community that is BAR. Regardless of whether or not the BAR BOD posts its official position on how members are expected to carry themselves, I look forward to the continued civility and respectful interactions which have been shown by our members to date.

3. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Does this mean we've been having problems?

4. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

There were some of what I would consider borderline comments on the other forum.

I thought to give people the benefit of the doubt and also to take a cue from the HR practices at my workplace and post this 1st annual reminder.

Of the current membership of the club, we do have about 1/3 that joined last year, and another 1/3 that joined this year.

Good to make the effort to state the official position and expectations. Even better for everybody to make the effort and set a good example :D

5. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1091.msg23337#msg23337 date=1187154311]
    There were some of what I would consider borderline comments on the other forum.

[/quote]

I hope that not from me ;D

6. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Heheh... I won't single anybody out.

Then everybody will have to be on their best behavior :D