got ethical husbandry?

Upgrading tank need advice on drilling locations

So I'm planning on upgrading from my 12g crappy acrylic tank to a 17gallon ADA 24x13x14 i believe. I am going to get glass-holes.com super nano overflow. and possibly 2 return kits. now my question where should I drill my overflow and return lines... I want to keep everything as clean as possible, I'm gonna stuff the 12g tank underneath as a fugi/sump I'm running 2 evil's par 38 led spots for my aquascaping I want to do two pillar type structures, should I do my over flow in the middle and have two returns on the top sides of the tank? anyone have pics on what they have done, I want to keep the top as clean as possible rimless.

!! thanks

Chris

so I bought glass-holes super nano overflow box, rated at 300gph now if i buy an Eheim 1250 Pump which is 317 gph there is about... 3 1/2' of head height and 2 90's will this be to much flow?

THanks!
-Chris

Ehiems eat head pressure for breakfast, in this case though I think you'll be just fine, I don't see the pump pushing over 275 GPH, more like 250GPH.

AFA return placement a single return is fine if you plan on using in tank recirculation for flow, that way you can have a cleaner look.

Line up the returns with the teeth of the overflow. I mistakenly lined mine up with the top of the overflow hole, now i have to arch my loc line up a lot. I have some pictures at the beginning of my tank thread. Plan your sump first then decide where your overflow/returns will go.

im using my current 12g for a sump, so its gonna be open im going to leave all my live sand in it and some of my live rock and and i may buy a little rock from marco rocks to put in the display. as for a skimmer im gonna try to squeeze the small tunze into my 12g. i will put a piece of drilled acrylic in between the cheato and the pump.

i think it should work fine don't want to spend a lot of money... dont want to create a custom sump.

Back