Reef nutrition

Urgent: Looking for INTERCEPTOR

Folks may disagree with me, but I don't think any shrimp or crabs are long-term reef safe. They are often safe for some time, but depending on food supply and the size they grow to (increased appetite) they usually end up nipping/eating LPS. Crabs seem a lot like a flame angel in that regard.

I completely agree Winfield. The few months I had a cleaner shrimp... NIGHTMARE! Even after a coral pulled in all food, he used to tare open the mouth and pull food out!

I stopped using crabs after the last of my hermits died of old age, but never had any trouble with shrimp. I found that if you're going to target feed LPS, you have to target feed the shrimp as well to distract them. Even when they did steal food, they didn't hurt anything that I could tell. Shrimp are one of those things I can't live without.

I'm wondering how many people that saw success with interceptor would've seen similar success with a regimen of large water changes similar to the interceptor treatment.
Last year when I had the same issue, I didn't know about these black/invisible bugs and all I did was lots & lots of water changes and ended up losing everything.

Back