got ethical husbandry?

Using coral to bring down CA

Ive tested my Ca and it came in at 600 which I know is very high. Alk's at 10. My thought is there a sps ( monti or acro ) that can with stand that high of a level and help eat some of it up?

Is this due to just your salt mix? or did you dose a one part of a two part too much?

Personally I woulnt worry too much, it should balance out, and I have never heard of calcium issues from being too higih I would think at worst you will have more precipitation around heatsources like pumps/heaters

Is this due to just your salt mix? or did you dose a one part of a two part too much?

Personally I woulnt worry too much, it should balance out, and I have never heard of calcium issues from being too higih I would think at worst you will have more precipitation around heatsources like pumps/heaters
Had to be the salt as I havent dosed at all

Could be a shot out there, but did you do a second test to verify? Seems awfully high, almost like a mistake in the test.
That was my first thought as well.

If you're not dosing anything it must have come from the salt, but I don't know if any salt mix that has calcium that high.

Which brand test were you using?

My Calcium levels were over 600 for over a year using Seachem salt. Never saw any adverse reactions from it. However, I did dose a little when I first got my doses, and it pretty much snowed calcium in my tank for several days. LOL! Just don't add anymore, and when you have a decent amount of coral that are growing, they will start to bring it down. Just keep your Alk above 8 and below 12. I aim for 9-10 so it takes longer to drop below 8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back