Jestersix

VAG-COM cable

Do we have any Auto Mechanic in this forum? Im looking for the VAG-COM cable or tools or someone know how to reset the "service due" on an Audi car? I can bring my car to dealer but there isn't any Audi dealer near me. I live in Union City and the nearest one is Steven Creek but I don't have time to drop the car off and come back during week day.
Sorry this is not relate to Reef.

did you try "you tube" ? Are you sure you need a reader to reset the light? most cars do not need a reader to just reset the service interval light.
just my .02cents. I was a mechanic in my younger days before reef and kids

Yes, I can reset the service reminder or oild change but for the "service due" I must connect it to the VAG-COM module or other device.

I sold my audi, but I can't recommend advanced audi (in sf) enough. They are fantastic.

Its a drive, but they've got the best service. I'd bet they'd shut your light off for free.

In other words Audi wants your money...
I got one cheap off ebay to check on engine issues but I got what I paid for; a visual inspection led me to a melt wire shorting on the engine block.
Maybe going into the VW forums might get you some help, just the issue of creating an account/handle.
YT University is also a great place.

Is audi special? I have an OBD2 AL319 reader for my Vibe, but its just generic OBD2. VAG-COM sounds special?

I don't know anything about Audi cars. :/ sorry. If this would work, I'm in Sunnyvale.

Is audi special? I have an OBD2 AL319 reader for my Vibe, but its just generic OBD2. VAG-COM sounds special?

I don't know anything about Audi cars. :/ sorry. If this would work, I'm in Sunnyvale.

VAG (Volks-wagen Audi Group) COM seems to be a nice interface, covers most of the VW Group brands and not only you can check for MIL/Check Engine Light issues but also communicate and test many of the electronic components of their vehicles. If engine/pollution control system is the issue then any OBD2 will tell you the failing sensor. You can test solenoids, lights, audio, secondary air injection and more with just a laptop
Now I drive a Civic, simple.

You can also program all the various features in the car. Eg locks all unlock with single push of remote, you can adjust the range of the auto volume on the radio etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back