Vincent's 1st Big Tank

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by Vhuang168, Mar 27, 2016.

1. WCKDVPR

WCKDVPR Supporting Member

I can help with the overcrowding as I think I see a bare spot ;)

20170803_231935.jpg

Coral reefer likes this.
  2. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

When a file fish eats your acros, does it destroy it like in a few hours, over night, few days?

3. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

I don't know. I hardly look in that tank. It's been on auto pilot for a quite a few months. Just dose what it needs. All 4 panes are encrusted in coralline so only way to look is from the top and with the surface agitation, its hard to make out details. Which was why I was pleasantly surprised by the growth when I looked through a viewer a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Vhuang168

Some new additions.

ASD Raimbow milli

[​IMG]

JRK Inferno milli

[​IMG]

TCN Aqua Blue milli

[​IMG]

And I'm so happy my CBB is eating frozen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Nice new sticks and congrats on getting that CBB over to frozen. I'm still waiting for mine to look at aiptasia the same way that it does with PE mysis.

6. Vhuang168

Took some new pictures.

Coral-20.jpg

Coral-21.jpg
    Coral-22.jpg

Coral-23.jpg

Coral-25.jpg

Coral-26.jpg

bee505, xcaret, RobMcC and 1 other person like this.
  7. RobMcC

RobMcC Guest

How's the tank looking?

8. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

That's a nice little fella!

9. Vhuang168

The 190 has been a mess lately. I have a breakout of bryopsis and that really stifled a bunch of stuff.

Decided to try Fluconozle (sp?) to combat it and it definitely works! All my bryopsis is gone, I will be going over with a brush to try and get the last little bits of root out if I can.

The unfortunate side effect is a high level of nitrate and phosphate from the die off. This had the expected effect on corals, I did loose a bunch. The most of the stuff is just tester stuff so nothing major but I did loose some new additions. Because they are frags, there was no warning. All good in the morning, white skeleton when I return.

The really unfortunate thing is my fish found the water to be less than comfortable. Quite a few tried to fly over to the other tank where the water looked better. :(

Been procrastinating on building a cover. Some of it is because I really don't like the look of a cover.

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I’m right there with you about the cover. I’ve had mine off the last couple weeks just crossing my fingers.

11. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Condolences on the fish jerkies. I too resisted having cover for as long as I could. But after losing my trigger that was the breaking point for me. Took me 2 hrs to make the BRS kit one.

12. RobMcC

RobMcC Guest

sorry about the flucanozole issues. The stuff does work very well. Sorted out my problems in about a week. Luckily there wasn't too much, so nutrients didn't noticeably spike. Got any FTS?