Kessil

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

Tank setup is looking good! Catching up on this thread... Your food recipe is intriguing. Where did you mount the EB8s? How are those alien boobie things doing - what are those in general (not specific name)?

So you are going to remount all the corals? And what are you going to do with the old rocks.

Yes. I will saw/chip off the coral and remount on new scape. I only have 3 pieces of rock but they have aptasia on them. I made the mistake of trying to get rid of the 1 single head aptasia I had. Now I have like 6 heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank setup is looking good! Catching up on this thread... Your food recipe is intriguing. Where did you mount the EB8s? How are those alien boobie things doing - what are those in general (not specific name)?

The EB8s are mounted in the back of the stand.

The 'Alien Eye' chalice is doing well! Fully healed and rimmed. New eyes forming.

How have you been curing your rocks? Acid and such or just darkness? Other?

Just in a barrel with circulation and a heater. I seeded with bacteria and a little ammonia. I drop a little left over food once in a while.

The nice thing of doing it this way is I don't end up with a tank with sky high nitrate levels.

Just in a barrel with circulation and a heater. I seeded with bacteria and a little ammonia. I drop a little left over food once in a while.

The nice thing of doing it this way is I don't end up with a tank with sky high nitrate levels.
I used bleach to kill everything then prime to get rid of any of the the bleach that might have soaked in and now they've just been sitting in cold circulating water.

Very excited! 1st pieces in the tank

ce32c754574d0942fadcf026a7ee9f5d.jpg

Sweet scape! Lots of underhangs and dimension. Are you going bare bottom, cause it would look pretty cool.

All the credit goes to JesterSix!

I was going to but I want wrasses and some prefer sand. I also have acanthophyllia which I want to put on the sand. As well as fungia.

I rotated the last piece on the left so it faces the center more. It was designed and intended for an H. magnifica anemone. I may move more pieces around a little as I get more time looking at the scape.

Back