Neptune Aquatics

Vincent's 1st Big Tank

Started adding sand. Washing a 120lb of sand takes a loooooooong time!

In the meantime, took some pictures just to document what's in the other tanks currently.

1 of my Jawbreakers. Got this one from fellow BAR member.

b3c170c71f0b2bc2822376f9778dff3c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! Nice coralline colors too.

Well I'm 0/4 on tukas. None of them make it past 1st ttm transfer. :(.

Lost 1 fathead as well.

Tomini and last fathead are doing well.

Tank as it looks this morning.

8045a6e4cf4b51831069865748cdc2a0.jpg

I got diatoms on day 5. Added cuc then the 1st of my fish.

Moved over some corals today.

An Acanthophyllia, a Trachyphyllia, Micromusa colony (acan) with an attached rock nem.

7eca8ee86f214bc8f7a24937ab322a86.jpg

A couple of gorgonians.

Picked up a H. magnifica anemone yesterday from Neptune. It attached immediately to the rock I specifically had made for it and it looks happy there so far.

Moved my Picasso percula over last night but it hasn't found the nem yet.

Did have a surprise last night. Took some measurements and my alk was super low. @ 5.06dkh. I did not have any corals nor was there coralline growing so I'm a little stumped as to where my alk went. Only thing changed was adding sand but it is loose and not clumped.

Other thing is, Ca is where it should be at 396. So it can't be precipitation.

I dosed alk up to 6.5 last night and will bring it up to 8 today then 9.5 tomorrow. No sps so I can be a little aggressive.

Chromis - I think he added a clean-up crew (cuc)
Vincent - When you dose Alk supplement does it instantly look like it is precipitating like snowflakes? My alk keeps dropping but my Ca is staying the same, too. I was worried the alk was precipitating out and not doing anything but since it spikes my pH I guess it is not precipitating. I need to read up on alk and balance and don't mean to hijack this thread.
Which coral is that red and purple in the photo above? Is it Acanthophyllia? Never heard of that until you listed it as one of your faves. It resembles a scolymia?

Assuming that Magnesium is good, it would be unusual to have precipitation. Mike could be right. It could be a reaction with the Emaco, especially if the calcium is drifting at the same rate.

Cucumber? Didn't get any. I have 4 fighting conchs, about 10 scarlet hermits, a good mixture of Turbos, Astreas, Trochus and Margarita snails. Will add more hermits soon.

Slowly moving livestock over.

LPS/softy corner
22498136e481a05d644e7d77f6b8f99a.jpg

Acanthophyllia getting settled n happy.
a0fe340deaf0c01646624df8eb3eacc4.jpg

New Magnifica and my Picasso. He finally moved in after 6 days! Took longer than I was expecting, but he is tank bred.
66c54679a7b85082009d6d25dee8256a.jpg

Acan/zoa/rock nem rock
35989fa9293f0379a5d8d47a314fb657.jpg

Last edited:
That is a beautiful desjardini. Even prettier than photos I've seen online. I didn't think I would ever need more than 110g, but I can definitely see the perks of a big tank.

Back