VIP reef

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by nly04, Sep 8, 2014.

1. nly04

nly04 Guest

Any chance that we will have another VIP reef group buy?

2. denzil

denzil Webmaster

It depends on who wants to organize it... anyone can organize group buys for the benefit of everyone. ;)

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah, you know what they say. Don't suggest a group buy unless you are willing to do all the ugly work of organizing it.

That said, remind me what the VIP reef GB was? That was the flower anemones one?

4. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

I'm in for more rock flowers :)

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Maybe ask one of out sponsors if they'd like to offer a group buy on what you are looking for first?after all, they are our sponsors and we should give them every opportunity to earn our business.

denzil likes this.
  6. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Yep, you guys can easily post in their forums or even call them to see if they're open to running a group buy for us. Just be sure to mention who you are and that you're part of BAR. :)

7. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

Yes, that was the flower nem purchase @FeliciaLynn arranged in coordination with the Nano-Reefs club which required a minimum order of 100 for the half off price....

8. nly04

nly04 Guest

Me too for more rock anemones.

9. nly04

nly04 Guest

This is a good idea but i don't think our sponsor will do this. If they do meaning they could not sale their coral because we bought coral at distributor price and it hard for our sponsor to sale their coral later at mark up price. But seem like we only have two sponsor in this forum that we may ask: Diablo and Aqua Collection.

10. denzil

denzil Webmaster

We have more than two LFS sponsors. :)

In any case, you should just ask to see if they're willing to do it. If not, then you can organize one of your own.

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say, so I will be more clear in my point. Ask a sponsor first! Diablo, aquatic collection, and neptunes are all great sponsors and we need to show them our appreciation any chance we get. The lfs business is not an easy one, and they do not sponsor us just for fun.
    Ordering a bunch of stuff from someone else and then meeting at a sponsors store to pick it up and hand everything out is not ok IMO. It is kind of rude, and not at least asking them if they can get what you want first doesn't make any sense. It is easy to ask, and If they say no, then no harm done. If they say yes, then it is a win win for everyone.
    Trust me, we need sponsors, and our sponsors really do need out business!

Geneva, bluprntguy and jctse like this.
  12. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

If there is interest, I will stop by Aquatic Collection this week and ask Joe or Carson if they might consider being a direct wholesaler with VIP Reef and maybe start carrying their rock flower nem's. With the group buy, we had to pay a little bit for tax and shipping but got half off. The LFS has to make money so we might pay a bit more but the upside is we support them and we can actually see and select exactly what we want.

Darcy Vasudev likes this.
  13. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

I mentioned it to them when we did it last time and I think they might be interested if there's enough interest. They didn't mind us meeting there though because it brought them a ton of foot traffic that afternoon and a lot of people bought things there after getting their nems (myself included! - I can't resist the coral!)

14. nly04

nly04 Guest

Perfect, Im in for four rock nems if this can happen.

15. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

I spoke to Joe / Carson at AC on 9/10/14 and they are looking into the feasibility of doing a group buy with VIP Reef for us on these flower nem's. I'll be asking for a show-of-interest in a separate thread......