got ethical husbandry?

Volume of a Rubbermaid 150 stock tank at different heights?

Thats pretty much it...
Add Sodium Chloride, wait till dissolved.
Add Magnesium Sulfate, wait till dissolved.
Add Part A, mix for a minute
Add Part B, mix for a minute

Mines all mixed but I don't have time tonight to do the water change. Tomorrow morning. :D

I'll try some out soon enough. I want to give aquavitra a good shot first.

...btw, anyone how Salinity smells substantially different than other salts? (my experience is with SC Reef salt and TMP). It almost has a plastic/synthetic smell.

FWIW Steve Rudy @ CoralReefEcosytems (.com) in Guernville has ESV salt.

Thales said:
Thats pretty much it...

Mines all mixed but I don't have time tonight to do the water change. Tomorrow morning. :D

But it doesn't suggest using it right away, right? Mix for a day before using in a tank?

Matt_Wandell said:
Thales said:
Thats pretty much it...

But it doesn't suggest using it right away, right? Mix for a day before using in a tank?

Scope the last line:

E.S.V. B-Ionic Seawater System Salt Mix

A unique solution to many of the problems associated with all dry synthetic seawater blends.

Problem:
All dry blends may not be homogenous resulting in considerable chemical variations not only from batch to batch but also from within the same container. Aggravating this further, humidity contamination during storage can result in localized precipitation reactions.

Solution:
B-Ionic® Seawater System avoids these problems by providing the two dominant salts in our formulation in separate containers. All other major, minor, and trace elements are pre-dissolved in a highly concentrated two component liquid system. These dry and liquid components can easily be measured for any size batch of synthetic seawater.

Problem:
It is now recognized that most reagent grade salts can contain contaminants (trace metals, etc.) at levels which may inhibit the growth of some algae species from low nutrient environments (oligotrophic) such as coral reefs.

Solution:
B-Ionic® Seawater System addresses this issue by providing ultra-low heavy metal Sodium Chloride (max. allowable less than half max. allowable for reagent grade sodium chloride) and USP grade Magnesium Sulfate as the dry components of the system. In addition, all other chemicals pre-dissolved in our liquid components are subject to our three phase purification process resulting in significant lowering of contaminants, including phosphate.

Problem:
Many all dry blends take excessive time to completely dissolve. Addition of newly mixed batches to the aquarium can cause irritation to inhabitants upon exposure to non-dissolved salt micro-particles.

Solution:
B-Ionic® Seawater System avoids this problem by providing all of the slower dissolving ingredients in a pre-dissolved solution form. Batches can be used within 10 minutes of preparation with no adverse effects providing initial RO and/or DI water contains sufficient dissolved oxygen.

I imagine I will usually mix it over the course of a day - Sodium in the morning, Mag and the rest in the evening. Bubble bubble all day long.

Matt_Wandell said:
Thales said:
Thats pretty much it...

I remember some of the more experienced people on nano reef saying they keep some around in-case of emergencies just because it doesn't need to be mixed for more than 10 mins

Yeah, of course otherwise it wouldn't do very well in your tank 8) . But I'm just saying, might be good to keep around for emergency for those who don't/can't keep salt water mixed all the time.

Back