Volunteer's for booth for BAR

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Again I'm good for later afternoon.

2. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

We should make some flyer to hand out? Also good to have at the table in case we have a gap in coverage.

Here is an attempt at recap:

Event 11-5

Flagg37: first shift
    sfsuphysics: first/second shift
    Corallus: early spot
    Bruce : afternoon

Need: 2-5 time range

I will be there at some point but with kid in tow so I can't stay at the table.

3. Bruce Spiegelman

Yeah -- not much reason to do this if there aren't flyers and informational stuff to hand out, is there?

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Maybe a laptop/tablet with pictures of events? (with some sort of security lock/chain to the table of course)

So yeah, what am I volunteering for exactly?
    Seems 3 of us want to do the "early" part of the day, maybe have overlapping shifts for us? 45 minutes at a go perhaps? I'm really not in a "buying corals that are for sale at a farmer's market" type of point right now. If I was I would take the late shift instead when people are trying to dump off corals :D

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I don't think that's ok at this event

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'm probably going to be there later in the day. Still not sure. Basically we just want to be talking to people about the club, making it seem inviting, and telling them how to find us, and letting them know about our swaps.

7. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Have Laptop/tablet to sign people up to be a member. $5 discount if they do it there on the spot maybe?

8. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

I think if we can lead people to this forum eventually they will sign up. Having a laptop (with internet connection) to show stuff would be great help.

9. Bruce Spiegelman

Can we give away a free frag with every sign up? That's simple promotion.

10. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

I've heard through rumor that @Vhuang168 has a bottomless tank. ;)

11. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I don't think we are able to do that here

12. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Gaining members is great, but if $30 is too steep for them then they likely aren't gonna stick in this hobby anyways. We want quality members over quantity.

tankguy likes this.
  13. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Nonesense, it does have a bottom.... we just haven't found it yet.

14. Bruce Spiegelman

Even Green's Birdsnest? There must be two or three hundred leftover frags from the last swap :)

15. sfsuphysics

I'd throw a birdsnest into my indoor outdoor lagoon reef pond... I won't feel bad if I kill it :D

16. tankguy

tankguy BOD

I am going there to get something ( maybe a couple of nice chalices ). Also Fish Doctor is bring my Labouts Wrasse. I do have a 2 bday partys afterward so I don't want to get home too late

17. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I can probably do a late shift, but let me know the times

18. Ranjib Dey

Ranjib Dey Webmaster

I would love to man the booth :)

19. sfsuphysics

Ok if you need someone to do a later shift because people are helping early, I am ok with swapping out to the late ones. But would like to know sooner rather than later

20. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Just saw Roosters post about who can fill what spots. I plan on being there early. Thank you for those who are helping. It is greatly appreciated