Volunteers for the Nominating Committee

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by mray2660, Aug 23, 2014.

1. mray2660

mray2660 Treasurer

It is that time of year to select a new BOD.

We are looking for volunteers to serve on the nominating committee to recommend a new slate of officers for next year. Please contact Dave our president (AKA lattehiatus) if you would like to serve on this committee.

If you would like to be part of next years BOD or would like to recommend someone now is the time to step up and have your say on the direction of the club. For description and duties of each position please go to
    http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/bar-by-laws.14196/

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Geneva Wong for...anything she is willing to do!

Darcy Vasudev, neuro and Devon like this.
  3. Devon

Devon Guest

I second that!

4. Devon

Devon Guest

Also if I was on the committee I would nominate @FeliciaLynn for president.

5. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

And Devon and navdeep.... New people that are enthusiastic for the club are great candidates for bod. Sometimes people think they are too new etc...but that's simply not the case!
    I'd nominate Alfred (neuro) and Philip (blueprint guy ) but they are already busy with web stuff. Thanks guys!

And I'll go ahead and nominate myself for one of the roles that will need filling.

denzil, Nav, bluprntguy and 1 other person like this.
  6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Sounds like you two guys just volunteered for the nominating committee :D

Nav likes this.
  7. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Sure did. I think sfsuphysics mike should be on the BOD too btw...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Darcy Vasudev and bluprntguy like this.
  8. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i'm super busy, and probably won't be free for quite some time. can't be too sure when i can volunteer to do anything for a while.

9. Piper

Piper Guppy

+1

10. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

So is the nominating board hapenning? Where are we at with elections? When are they?

Devon likes this.
  11. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

New blood is what help keep the club going

Devon likes this.
  12. euod

euod Supporting Member

Right on!

13. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to let some other people take over the BOD for next year. I just don't have the time for it.

14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

So, we need volunteers for the next board of directors. As far as I know all positions are open, so if you are intersted in helping your club be the best and most fun it can be please step up and let us know. Me, felicialynn, and Geneva Wong are the nominating committee, so if you want to help out let one of us know. You don't have to be super knowledgable about tanks even, just have a passion for the club and a will to make the club what you want it to be. There are more entry level jobs like secretary and sponsorship chair, and president and Vice President who lead the board (and club), and plan the meetings, tours, and well...just about everything else.
    If you want to be president please have a rough outline of what the next years events would look like as well as a rough schedule of when you think they should happen, as well as any other ideas you would implement if given the chance. All other positions really just need willing people with a bit of time to dedicate.
    Your club needs you, do you need your club? If so step up and help out!

denzil and bluprntguy like this.
  15. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

BUMP!!!!!!
    Guess nobody needs their club? Seriously though, this club isn't going to be half as cool as it's been or ten percent of what it can be if nobody steps up for this...
    It's not that much extra work, you get your dues paid for, and you get to have a big say in important decisions like where meetings will be held, what types of events will take place. There really isn't anybody else that we can all rely on to make this clubs work besides ourselves, so take a minute to think about "how can I help the club," or "what skills/resources/knowledge do I have that could be an asset."

16. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Are these the roles?
    President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, Sponsorship/Public Relations, Officers at Large

What are other possible ways people could contribute?

Coral reefer likes this.
  17. Devon

Devon Guest

I'm able to help the club. Will all of this be discussed at the meeting on the 25th?

18. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

The idea of the meeting on the 25th is to elect a new board for 2015 I think. Ideally we will have a slate of officers to reccomend to the club at that meeting

19. Devon

Devon Guest

Cool, Im able to help out in any capacity the nominating committee sees fit.

Coral reefer likes this.
  20. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Pretty sure those are the roles. What other roles will be needed depends a lot on the president and to some extent the other board members. In the past there have been two swaps per year and other events like BAP, that lots of volunteers are needed for. Basically anything you think you can help with will likely help. If you aren't sure what you can do to help definitely come to the meeting and ask away.

Nav likes this.