Vortech GB

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Gomer, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I am NOT arranging this. I am just passing on the info on another GB in the works at nanoreef.

MP20 - $255
    MP40w - $360
    Battery Backup - $160 (take off $20 if purchased with pump)
    Driver upgrade from mp20 to mp40w - $130 (better just to buy the MP40w)

Price includes shipping. Delivery at the end of July

2. sweet deal,lmk toney.i love to try 2 -mp40.

lapsan

3. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

I know the person arranging it, lap. Let me know if you're really 100% about it.

4. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Stan :-D

5. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Yup, he's the man.

6. i think i have to pass this time around,great price tho.i wait til they're come out with the bigger one.gl guys

lapsan

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

there is one bigger then the MP40 in the works???

8. iani

iani Guest

nope, I think lap is just dreaming right now. hahaha. BTW I just got in on a used pair for a great price. No group buy for me haha. Damm I am spending too much money though.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

You and me both. For an economic crisis, we BARers sure know how to spend!

10. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Well, supposedly there's some other things under development right now and they're not releasing any other info.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do decide to make a bigger pump though. The new controllable Tunzes push way more water.

11. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I know they are working on a way to go through 1" of material.

12. iani

iani Guest

Ahh, yeah these pumps wouldn't have worked for lap anyway then his tank has 1" glass. haha

13. rleechb

rleechb Guest

the mp20 is a pre-order, right? I thought they were coming out sometime during the summer...

14. iani

iani Guest

I think this GB is for delivery in July.

15. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

afaik, that is correct.

16. chem-e

chem-e Guest

Does anyone know if there is pricing for the WWD driver upgrade? Thinking about upgrading from mp40 to mp40w.

17. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

130 for 20 to 40w. not sure about 40 to 40w.

18. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Not to derail or dissuade people from the group buy, but AFAIK $360 is the wholesale price for the md40w, so if someone is selling at cost I'd worry what's in it for them, as this isn't just a "good price to save shipping" as no stores "legally" can sell this product for the prices offered.

That being said, as word gets around on this (it has been almost a month I know :D) EcoTech might put the kibosh on selling to whomever is arrranging it.

Not to say I wouldn't jump in on it if I felt completely confident that there are no shenanigans going on :)

19. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I heard that the retailers pay $300 each for 10+ units.

I got mine and love it. I also got a receipt for it listing retail pricing ;)

20. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Oh is that where you ended up getting your vortech from? :D

Still selling them under MSRP people better keep quiet about where they got them from or EcoTech might stop selling them pumps at wholesale.