Vortech Pumps

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Tumbleweed, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Picked up a used MP40W last week from another member and then last night got a new EcoSmart MP40 from Robert at Neptune and I have been playing with them ever since. Because I only have 1 EcoSmart pump I can not use any of the EcoSmart programs with both pumps so I have it setup currently in long pulse mode at about 80-85% power and 10sec pulse. I also have it go into night mode at about 10pm when all of my lights turn off. So I was just wondering what program everyone else is using and why?

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I don't have the Ecosmart pump, but with my 4 currently on the tank I do a long pulse mode with about 45 second intervals, gets me a nice change of water direction.

3. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Mike do you have 2 pumps on each end of the tank or some on the back? Also are you running the pumps in sync or anti-sync mode?

4. Thales

Thales Past President

It depends what you want to do. IF you have other circulation in the tank, maybe just use the V's to make a small standing wave.

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

As Rich says, depends what you want to do. the placement of my pumps are all along the back wall of the tank, but my tank is 3 feet deep. They're also situated such that they blow around rocks and what not, and yeah they are on anti-sync which causes a gyre in one direction then the other, your rock work will make your pump parameters unique from any one else though.

6. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I am going to try out multiple differnent things just to see what works best for me. I was just wondering what others were doing and why they are doing that.

7. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Reefcrest on both of mine.

8. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

+1
    It's random. I like that about it.