Neptune Aquatics

walking dendros

JRocha

Supporting Member
So my wife and I have had this walking dendro for over 4 years now. We bought it from Ocean treasures back in the day from derek. Anybody else have any luck with this cool coral? Ours is a bright green color and wasn't moving for over a month, but today it was on the other side of our 29 gallon. I wonder if the worm reproduces on its own cause it wasn't doing well for a while and now back in the game. will post pic of it in a minute.

it is erin. how are things? that mycedium you gave me has finally recovered 100%the tissue has come back together. man is it gorgeous. thanks again.

2012-08-11_11-07-26_486.jpg

here you go. One of the heads was getting stung by a chalice that it walked into but is recovering. this guy is over 4 to 5 years old.

I've had one for a couple years and love it - sadly, it no longer walks - my Melanurus wrasse discovered the worm one day and it became a snack...seems to have no negative impact on the coral though.

My Co-Worker had one in his office tank. It died in a tank crash though. He had it about a year. They don't climb. It's best to obstruct cave entrances also, so you can keep it in view.

yeah ours does not climb and it has always been in her smaller tanks. ours still walks which is funny cause it didn't move in months. ours loves to bury itself underneath our open brain. they don't sting each other. I'm glad other people have had success with this interesting coral. wish I had one in the 90. maybe they will pop up again.

jestersix said:
I've had one for a couple years and love it - sadly, it no longer walks - my Melanurus wrasse discovered the worm one day and it became a snack...seems to have no negative impact on the coral though.

damn wrasses. sometimes they do too good of a job. good to know the coral will live without the worm.

Back