Neptune Aquatics

Want to add more fish

I have a reefer 250 with these fish...

Yellow tang
Small blue tang...I know don’t flame me
6 line wrasse
2 clowns
Royal gramma
1 bagnai cardinal...started with three, don’t know what happened.

I have a massive skimmer for my tank (Reef Octopus regal 250 with varios pump and ANC.) It needs more bioload to skim efficiently, and I like lots of fish in a tank. So to me it’s a win, win.

My current fish hate me. Every time I walk up to the tank they go hide in all the nooks cranny and caves that we created in our rock work. The clowns don’t hide, but they bite me all the time; so they obviously hate me too.

I want some fish that don’t hate me, but that’ll probably never happen. I am super mean...I put my hands in the tank all the damn time.

I’m also cheap, so I don’t want to spend a ton of money on high end fish.

So I want something like a school of anthias or chromis. or some other community fish that will get along with my current tank mates.

I’m also bare bottom...so no wrasses or other sand dwelling fish.

Suggestions ?

Nope. Auto feed twice a day with Neptune crossover diet with my AFS and once a day I feed my frozen mixture.

If I don’t manually feed because I’m gone, I’ll either manually trigger an auto feed or I’ll set the tank to feed 3 times a day. That’s why I love the Neptune AFS

Maybe add some human interaction with your fish by feeding manually. My fish comes out w lot when I’m close by. They think I’m going to feed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My fish tend to hide when they see new people staring at them but if Im in the room, they act like they are starving. I feed the fish manually daily.

And I think chromis are nice and cheap plus they school but might get picked on by the clowns.

As soon as I drop food in the tank they come out and eat right from the turkey baster. But until they smell blood they are hiding.

When I manually feed that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Auto feed twice a day with Neptune crossover diet with my AFS and once a day I feed my frozen mixture.

If I don’t manually feed because I’m gone, I’ll either manually trigger an auto feed or I’ll set the tank to feed 3 times a day. That’s why I love the Neptune AFS
That is 100% of the reason you think your fish "hate" you. The quotes are because they don’t hate you, they just don’t associate you with something awesome like being fed.

You need to manually feed them if you want them to seem happy to see you and come out when you’re around.

My fish are almost annoying how they come out and beg for food and otherwise seem like they are "happy" to see me every time I walk by the tank. Even 15 min after I just fed them lol.

By manually feed, I mean dump a little food into the tank in a feeding ring, not something more time consuming or sophisticated. Just like your AFS would do. I do once in the morning, once in the evening, once midday if I’m around. I have an autofeeder if I won’t be around but I only use it if I have to.

If you don’t even see your tank twice a day for 2 min why bother at all?

That is 100% of the reason you think your fish "hate" you. The quotes are because they don’t hate you, they just don’t associate you with something awesome like being fed.

You need to manually feed them if you want them to seem happy to see you and come out when you’re around.

My fish are almost annoying how they come out and beg for food and otherwise seem like they are "happy" to see me every time I walk by the tank. Even 15 min after I just fed them lol.

By manually feed, I mean dump a little food into the tank in a feeding ring, not something more time consuming or sophisticated. Just like your AFS would do. I do once in the morning, once in the evening, once midday if I’m around. I have an autofeeder if I won’t be around but I only use it if I have to.

If you don’t even see your tank twice a day for 2 min why bother at all?

Because I’m lazy. I want to enjoy looking at the reef. Not worry about feeding it all the time. I do feed manually once a day. That should be enough for them to like me.

It was mostly meant as a pun to myself.

Every other tank I’ve ever had I only fed once s day and my fish loved me. This tanks fed way more than I’ve ever done before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back