Water Jugs

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by yellojello, Nov 22, 2010.

1. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

2. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Personally I prefer the regular white ones; have a 7G just like that and the two extra gallon made me decide to put it away; heavy thing...

3. 99sf

99sf Guest

Like Mario, I decided the blue 7 gallon was too heavy, after filling it completely with RO water and lifting it... almost like those huge buckets of Salinity salt! I ended up getting the green 6 gallon vertical rectangular water containers that fit well in the car & hide next to my nano stand at the office.

4. Dan

Dan Guest

i like theses stackable 5 gallon jugs and best of all they are made of high density polyethylene! only problem is that shipping and handling can get pricey:(
    Stackable Containers

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

YOU can get those locally for like $12 (Blue Life is the brand... sold at LFS)

6. Qwiv

Qwiv Guest

They are $7 at walmart

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Not the same ones though, the ones Dan linked to are stackable, the Blue Life ones are not.

8. zambavi

zambavi Guest

I've been using the Blue Life ones forever. They are some heavy sunvumwiches when filled up at just 5 gallons... I wouldn't want to use 7 gallon containers. I think I have about 20 of the blue life containers. I only ever use 4-6 of them. PM me if you need some and I can probably let some go.

9. zambavi

zambavi Guest

I have two of those I use to fill up with water for when I go camping. They're not bad... I've had them crack on me before though and I've had to replace them.

I've had my blue life's for about 7-8 years now if I recall correctly. Never had one crack or leak before.

10. yellojello

yellojello Supporting Member

Good Info. yea, the 7 gallons are quite heavy. i'm happy and lucky with my RODI unit filling my big brute.

11. zambavi

zambavi Guest

Score! way better then blue life jugs ;)

12. GDawson

GDawson Guest

I just bought those at Walmart yesterday. Check them as the ones I purchased were 5 gal with spout but same priceā€¦.$9.35? Also be careful at check out. The register automatically adds the water as a line item with the jug. You have to ask the checker to reverse the water charge.

-Gregory

13. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I have a half dozen ready to recycle that I've ripped the tops off lifting them up, the BL jugs last about 4-5 years before they get brittle and break, I had one go in a customers house....

Also, regarding them being heavy, man up!

14. zambavi

zambavi Guest

LOL... I think you put a whole lot more wear and tear on your BL jugs then I do. :) I've had mine for at least 7 years and they are as supple as the day I bought them... ;)

Heck carrying two 5 gallon jugs is around 90-100 pounds right? especially if it's filled to the very top. Carrying two 7 gallon jugs... that's got to be in the 120-140 range depending on how full you make them. My little arms can only take so much... ;) Your jug lifting skills are fearsome!

15. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I just love hauling them up and down stairs, yipiee!!!!

16. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

What are you filling them with? It's not that heavy.

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

IIRC isn't it like 8.8 pounds per gallon of 35ppt saline water? 44 pounds per 5 gallons? 88 pounds per 10 gallons?

18. zambavi

zambavi Guest

I like to include a few pounds of lead with my water because I ate paint chips as a child... :) no but really... water weighs like 8.35p/g right? Salt water is a little heavier than that. The 5g BL jugs hold more than 5 gallons... 40-50 pounds per jug sounds about right. :tired:

19. zambavi

zambavi Guest

that sounds about right...

20. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

Really? I lug up a 5 gallon every few days up and down stairs. Sometimes I fill up a Salinity bucket full of water. It doesn't seem that heavy. I must be use to it already. :bigsmile: