High Tide Aquatics

Water Jugs

Personally I prefer the regular white ones; have a 7G just like that and the two extra gallon made me decide to put it away; heavy thing...

Like Mario, I decided the blue 7 gallon was too heavy, after filling it completely with RO water and lifting it... almost like those huge buckets of Salinity salt! I ended up getting the green 6 gallon vertical rectangular water containers that fit well in the car & hide next to my nano stand at the office.

Dan said:
i like theses stackable 5 gallon jugs and best of all they are made of high density polyethylene! only problem is that shipping and handling can get pricey:(
Stackable Containers

YOU can get those locally for like $12 (Blue Life is the brand... sold at LFS)

I've been using the Blue Life ones forever. They are some heavy sunvumwiches when filled up at just 5 gallons... I wouldn't want to use 7 gallon containers. I think I have about 20 of the blue life containers. I only ever use 4-6 of them. PM me if you need some and I can probably let some go.

yellojello said:
Not sure if this is a good price, but $10 for a 7 gallon water jug (has reversible cap that converts to spout dispenser) at Walmart.

It's the exact same one as this http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Aqua-Tainer-Gallon-Container/dp/B001QC31G6

I have two of those I use to fill up with water for when I go camping. They're not bad... I've had them crack on me before though and I've had to replace them.

I've had my blue life's for about 7-8 years now if I recall correctly. Never had one crack or leak before.

yellojello said:
Not sure if this is a good price, but $10 for a 7 gallon water jug (has reversible cap that converts to spout dispenser) at Walmart.

We were searching for the clear 5 gallon ones and they were $15 and up. Used to use the 5 gallon Home Depot/Lowes buckets, but decided to upgrade a little.

It's the exact same one as this http://www.amazon.com/Reliance-Products-Aqua-Tainer-Gallon-Container/dp/B001QC31G6

I just bought those at Walmart yesterday. Check them as the ones I purchased were 5 gal with spout but same price….$9.35? Also be careful at check out. The register automatically adds the water as a line item with the jug. You have to ask the checker to reverse the water charge.

-Gregory

zambavi said:
yellojello said:

I have two of those I use to fill up with water for when I go camping. They're not bad... I've had them crack on me before though and I've had to replace them.

I've had my blue life's for about 7-8 years now if I recall correctly. Never had one crack or leak before.

I have a half dozen ready to recycle that I've ripped the tops off lifting them up, the BL jugs last about 4-5 years before they get brittle and break, I had one go in a customers house....

Also, regarding them being heavy, man up!

LOL... I think you put a whole lot more wear and tear on your BL jugs then I do. :) I've had mine for at least 7 years and they are as supple as the day I bought them... ;)

tuberider said:

Heck carrying two 5 gallon jugs is around 90-100 pounds right? especially if it's filled to the very top. Carrying two 7 gallon jugs... that's got to be in the 120-140 range depending on how full you make them. My little arms can only take so much... ;) Your jug lifting skills are fearsome!

zambavi said:
LOL... I think you put a whole lot more wear and tear on your BL jugs then I do. :) I've had mine for at least 7 years and they are as supple as the day I bought them... ;)

tuberider said:

Heck carrying two 5 gallon jugs is around 90-100 pounds right? especially if it's filled to the very top. Carrying two 7 gallon jugs... that's got to be in the 120-140 range depending on how full you make them. My little arms can only take so much... ;) Your jug lifting skills are fearsome!

What are you filling them with? It's not that heavy.

IIRC isn't it like 8.8 pounds per gallon of 35ppt saline water? 44 pounds per 5 gallons? 88 pounds per 10 gallons?

I like to include a few pounds of lead with my water because I ate paint chips as a child... :) no but really... water weighs like 8.35p/g right? Salt water is a little heavier than that. The 5g BL jugs hold more than 5 gallons... 40-50 pounds per jug sounds about right. :tired:

GreshamH said:
IIRC isn't it like 8.8 pounds per gallon of 35ppt saline water? 44 pounds per 5 gallons? 88 pounds per 10 gallons?

Really? I lug up a 5 gallon every few days up and down stairs. Sometimes I fill up a Salinity bucket full of water. It doesn't seem that heavy. I must be use to it already. :bigsmile:

Back