Wavemakers...

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Tenny, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

I'm late to this thread but I would buy something made in Italy before China

2. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

Enforcing a use tax wouldn't be that hard, it just requires the seller to provide information on out of state transactions. And the IRS knows they are missing a lot of tax dollars in this, another reason why many states require amazon to charge sales tax even without a distribution center in the state.

I believe the price is negotiated for club group buys. I got my first wp25 for the same price as this one, $57 and that covered shipping. The price depends on what pumps are being ordered but the buyer gets these prices buy ordering as much as can fit in a box to keep shipping at a minimum. Btw shipping, via FedEx, is only taking 4 days to get from China to sac.

I travel to San leandro a couple times a week.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

Everyone has their preferences. I have been running a wp25 since July and I have no complaints. I even called them and told them the pump broke, they asked for a serial number and when/who purchased it and was ready to send a replacement for free when I confessed it was a test. I have not used any of the other pumps but I can replace my wp25 four times and still save money over an mp40.

When I upgrade I will keep using these pumps and I will probably get a bigger one. I'd love to get one of the wp10 pumps for my wife's tank.

4. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Ok who lives out in San Leandro, lets make this happen. :D

Seriously though, what exactly do you have, worse case scenario I can drive out there myself. Heck a group buy of the group buy left overs :D

5. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

I think there is only 2 or 3 pumps. I didn't organize the buy, I bought pumps from him for myself and friends who aren't on the forum.

6. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

oooh group buy you say...

7. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

I think the total was $690 for four 25s, four 40s and two 60.this included shipping. I'm not positive.

I would do an order like this or even an order of wp10 if I had the cash to front the bill. There is plenty of demand for these pumps.

8. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

they sell on CL like hotcakes

9. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Def a good demand here for them. I just bought two DC pumps (6000/9000) that came in last night, probably could have gotten a better price in a GB. Looks like I may be picking up one or two from the other GB.

I also am really interested in WP-10's. Looks like there really is a ton of interest in them

Yup, although Steve in daily city sells them for $80 all day (WP-25's).

10. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Anyone wanna take charge on a group buy?

11. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

[quote="
    Yup, although Steve in daily city sells them for $80 all day (WP-25's).[/quote]

few days ago someone was selling 2 of them for $60 each, almost pulled the trigger but I figured prices keep creeping down, I'll find a deal again...

12. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

They were used pumps.

13. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

haha, the guy said they were BNIB I thought. Of course though..

14. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

We may be talking about different posts.

15. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Very true.

So who's going to start the GB? I'd do it but I don't know who to contact at Jebao about it or anything.

16. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

Fishstreet.com

17. mediumrare

mediumrare Guest

to what extend are people controlling these (besides on/off)?

18. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Guest

I just use the stock controller with a light sensor. Pump one runs in W1 mode and pump two will run in ELSE mode.

19. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

I'm in on a group buy if it happens next year o_O

20. Tenny

Tenny Supporting Member

Alright, well if no one else wants to I'll set up a group buy in early january.