Way off topic, pool table (free - San Francisco)

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by sfsuphysics, Sep 23, 2016.

1. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Mods feel free to delete this if this is way bad taste, as I'm really trying to empty out my garage and while not fish tank related it is "man cave" related, so I'm not going to post up my bedroom furniture or weightlifting equipment I'm trying to get rid off :D

Table is currently against a wall in my garage with a ton of crap in front of it (no pictures right now). It was a really old Montgomery Wards brand pool table, that basically was made out of particle board with vinyl wood decals on the side. Felt is blue, has seen better days but wasn't torn when I put it up. Size was around the size of those small bar sized tables, not "regulation" size. I do have balls, racks, pool cues somewhere too. If you want dimensions I can try to squeeze a tape measure in there to see.

But yeah... if you have room for it, and want it ask yourself why you don't have a tank there instead, and then shoot me a PM and its yours :D

2. travis furia

travis furia Guest

PMed u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Montgomery Wards? Dang, I think my parents shopped there before it went out of business before I was born. :)

4. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Ah, the good 'ole Montgomery Wards.

You need to post your weightlifting equipment instead of the kid size pool table that you're trying to get rid of. :p

5. sfsuphysics

Hahahaha, nah, just an old Sears brand universal bench system Wieder Pro 4100 nothing fancy, craigslist didn't get any takers for the magical F word cost so figure it's junk, it's taking up space where some temporary holding tanks need to go! :D

6. travis furia

travis furia Guest

[​IMG] she is at her new home now. Cleaned up pretty nice. Thanks again!!

7. sfsuphysics

Well damn that didn't take long! Enjoy, me and a buddy had many evenings after class just relaxing at that table.

8. travis furia

travis furia Guest

And me and my buddy's will be doing the exact same thing. Thanks for sharing the love.

9. travis furia

travis furia Guest

[​IMG] instead of refinishing the outside we decided to cover it with stickers and call it good. It's a garage beater table so no need to put money into it. Other then custom fab work for triangle, cheater sticks and brush. Already worth the trip to SF. The friends and I thank u. No better home it could have gone to.

Ashalye likes this.
  10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Yeah, but now how are you going to get any work done? :)

11. sfsuphysics

Looking at where you set that up though no excuses! When it was set up from in my basement the main post holding the second floor up was about 2 feet away, so that made some "interesting" shots when you were on that side of the table, and then there was the whole other side... well yeah needless to say you learned to work around those.

Yeah don't know what happened to the cheater stick, I could have sworn it was complete and not broken, but it should be an easy fix with your skillset. And yeah, how you going to get work done now? :D

12. travis furia

travis furia Guest

I'm just gunna cut a new cheater stick (the moose antler part) and stick it back on. And work wise in going to have to have good self control. Or put the table ways when I'm not using it. I'm hoping to get a wench and cable system for it so I can press a button and the table lowers. I'm inner welder/ engineer is coming out on this project. Bells and whistles

13. Apon

Apon Volunteer

So now Mike has room in the basement again? Will you make a Nov tank tour if I organize one? : )

travis furia likes this.