WBT: Blue deresa clam or blue squamosa clam

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Apon, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I know these are hard to find, but if anyone comes across one, please let me know.

Arnold

2. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

More BAR supplies? :)

I remember seeing some kind of hugeass clam in the display tank at Amazon Aquarium in Alameda. I'll stop by there tomorrow.

3. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Thanks Norman,

I have seen big clams before, but the blue squamosa or deresa is very hard to find......what do you feed your frogfish? Are they hard to keep?

4. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I forgot to log in , but it let me reply as a guest.

Arnold

5. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Doh! I'm a clam less-than-newbie. The one at Amazon had blue, but it wasn't a solid blue rare.

Been feeding the frogfish small chunks of frozen fish like silversides and stuff I get from the chinese markets. I started him off on live ghost shrimps and trained him to eat frozen stuff.

Not hard to keep if you have a clean stable reef. Best if you don't have high temps or nitrates or spikes in those.

6. bookfish

bookfish Guest

How is the quality/pricing from Clams Direct? I've never shopped for a clam so I don't really know.-Jim

7. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Jim, I have only checked out the site and the prices seem average. Don't know of anyone who has ordered from them before. The store is closed now, but I usually like to see clams live to see they react before I buy....but if they ever get a one that I want I may pull the trigger and buy one. They are local in California, near Sacramento I think.

Aren't you off the Tonga? Have a safe journey...let me know if I can buy a Clam from you guys out there. : )