We need you

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Tumbleweed, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

We are looking for members to write articles for the BAR News Letter.
    Nothing too fancy or long. Only needs to be a couple of paragraphs and with of without pictures.
    Ideas for articles:
    DIY building a stand, drilling a glass tank, dosing with 2 part, building an over flow box.

Personal experiences you have had with your tank. Problems you have ran into and what you did to correct the problem, things that you have done with your tank to make your life easier.

Breeding of fish. Have you successfully bread any dish in your tank? What did you do to accomplish this, or did you try to breed any fish and what did you try to do to accomplish it?

Fragging of corals. What you use to frag a coral. How you frag an SPS vs. an LPS

How to take pictures in your tank. What you do, what settings you use on your camera.

Anything else you can think of. The more articles we get the better. If you have any questions or want to write an article send me a PM and we can work it out.

2. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

Hey Brian,

Good meeting you today. I had suggested that the Board PM Mark Wandell (the biologist at Steinhart) since he is a member and an expert in Fish ID. Mark also utilizes our members as volunteers, and he probably has vast resources that could support this forum for many months. A good article might be a day in the life of a BAR member / volunteer at the Steinhart..... Not sure if that suggestion made it to you yet. Here is a link to Mark:

Matt Wandell
    Aquatic Biologist, Steinhart Aquarium
    California Academy of Sciences
    phone (415) 379-5444 phone
    fax (415) 379-5704 fax
    mwandell@calacademy.org
    www.calacademy.org

Best,
    Joel

P.s. How do you get your Avitar to move and what does it translate to. I would guess it represents some sort of continuum. ( Very Zen like - Love it )