Cali Kid Corals

Welcome Back Everybody!!!!

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Welcome back to the BAR forums everybody!

After numerous site problems starting last week, we are very happy to be back up and running. We still have some things to check out, but we're pretty much functional again.

BIG BIG THANKS to everybody that put time and effort on bringing our forums back to life. We're up and running on a new dedicated virtual server, with the lastest version of our forum software :D

Thanks Dave/Capescuba for all the help with the BAR website info pages, database magic, account help, and the domain transfer.

Thanks to Charles/Cwolfus and Bryan/Seminolecpa for the gabillion emails, pulling down backups of our forum databases, testing and troubleshooting, and the late night IM sessions in figuring out configuration problems with the previous forum software.

Also thanks to Charles and Bryan for all their input, suggestions, ideas, on which way to go on all decisions we were making on the fly while trying to get through our disaster. I am proud to be on the same team with you guys!

And most of all...

Super big thanks to a great friend of BAR, Whodah/Jeremy!

You may know Jeremy of ZoaID, Exotic Frags, and Central Valley Reefers fame. Within minutes of receiving a PM asking for help, Jeremy dropped everything he was doing and called to find out about the problem. Shortly thereafter, he began testing, troubleshooting, and fixing. At one point even setting up our forums on his own personal server to diagnose problems further.

After much effort, the test forum running on the latest version of our software was ready to go back in service. We took that as an opportunity to move to a new hosting service on a faster server set up. Goodbye lag and weird errors :D

Jeremy set up our account on the new service, configured the virtual server, installed all the software, loaded up all our forum databases, and did a whole bunch of IT magic with our ftp and mail and dns and domains, and I don't know what else! :D

Jeremy, you RULE! BAR owes you BIG TIME!

And not to forget... thanks also to Mrs. Whodah for letting us impose on Jeremy's time. Especially on family night and all the other nights when Jeremy should have been spending time with the Mrs. instead of with our broken forums!

:D :D :D

Yanno, when I saw one of the "uh-oh" screens (or maybe it was the GoDaddy screen), I recall seeing Whodah... thought hmm, same guy? Nah must be a coincidence... but maybe not! :D

Back