Wet Auto Fish Feeder

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by MolaMola, Dec 21, 2018.

1. MolaMola

MolaMola Supporting Member

I am new to Eheim automatic rotating fish feeder. School break starting in an hour and visiting kids just knocked feeder into clownfish tank. I was hoping to just come in once per week for two weeks, but maybe that's not possible. Feeder is fully soaked, including battery compartment. Can I rinse and dry it and use it again within a few hours?

2. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

I'd buy another one since salt water usually short your board in the feeder. if you have a rimless tank, didn't your feeder comes with a edge clamp attachment like this?
    [​IMG]

3. MolaMola

Yes, that is my exact feeder. Apparently the clamp is no match for awkward adolescents on a sugar high bumping into each other while visiting my amazing aquarium classroom.

4. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

You can "rinse" it then dry it. Been there, done that.
    As long as it's not exposed for a prolonged time, it van be left to dry.
    Is good to take it apart and let it dry; they are easy to put back together.

5. MolaMola

Ok. Will try speeding it up with cool air dryer. After I leave I can't get into room again easily until Wednesday
    Thanks for the advice!

6. Eugene

Eugene Supporting Member

Hi Maureen - I can help if you want - have some experience repairing electronics. Or if you do it by yourself take batteries out first, disassemble everything - every screw etc. , wash it in hot clean water, than dry with warm hair dryer. Let it seat for couple hours, look careful if there are some water left - you might want to dry it again.

7. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Supporting Member

I've had two, first one took a swim and died, the other one just stopped working. I just use the cheaper plastic rotating ones now, but use two of them for redundancy, even if they would overfeed (for vacations, not everyday use).